BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Google threatens to withdraw search engine from Australiaon January 22, 2021 at 2:43 am
The tech giant says it will remove its main search function from Australia if it passes a new law.
- Paula Badosa: Australian Open player 'sorry' after revealing she has Covidon January 22, 2021 at 2:19 am
Paula Badosa reveals she has the virus and apologises for making complaints about quarantine rules.
- Julie Payette: Canada governor general quits amid bullying claimson January 22, 2021 at 2:17 am
The Queen's representative says she is sorry for the lack of a healthy work environment at her office.
- Steinmetz trial: Swiss verdict for tycoon in Guinea mine corruption trialon January 22, 2021 at 1:23 am
The trial of Israeli businessman Beny Steinmetz is seen as the biggest corruption case in mining.
- Africa's long wait for the Covid-19 vaccineon January 22, 2021 at 1:04 am
Africa will have to wait "weeks if not months" before getting WHO-approved vaccines, officials say.
- Wuhan anniversary: How China tackled its Covid pandemicon January 22, 2021 at 12:53 am
The world's first coronavirus lockdown began in Wuhan a year ago - how has China changed since then?
- Iraq bombing: IS says it was behind deadly suicide attacks in Baghdadon January 22, 2021 at 12:43 am
The jihadists say the biggest bombing in Iraq's capital for three years was aimed at Shia Muslims.
- The vehicle that got a village smilingon January 22, 2021 at 12:24 am
When her friends died in childbirth, a Nigerian woman hatched a plan to make a difference.
- Manaus: Brazil's city on the Amazon river buckles under second Covid waveon January 22, 2021 at 12:17 am
Doctors in the Amazon's biggest city, Manaus, are struggling to control rising numbers of deaths and cases.
- President Biden and unity: Can the next generation unify America?on January 22, 2021 at 12:05 am
Democrat Ala'a and Republican Caleb, both 16, on whether President Biden's call for unity can be achieved.
- Covid-19: Caring for five younger siblings at age 25on January 21, 2021 at 11:45 pm
Vanessa Pérez, 25, and her siblings lost their mother to Covid. She's now the primary caregiver.
- Biden signs 10 executive orders as part of 'wartime' Covid planon January 21, 2021 at 10:38 pm
He orders increased vaccinations, more testing and expanded production of essential equipment.
- Nord Stream 2: MEPs call for halt to Russian gas pipelineon January 21, 2021 at 9:35 pm
The arrest of Putin critic Alexei Navalny increases European pressure on Germany to stop Nord Stream 2.
- Kamala Harris' uncle: 'Her mother was a great influence'on January 21, 2021 at 8:55 pm
The maternal uncle of Kamala Harris says he is confident she will be the most active vice-president America has ever had.
- Nigeria blasphemy: Jailed 13-year-old boy wins Kano appealon January 21, 2021 at 7:04 pm
The 13-year-old was serving a 10-year sentence handed down by an Islamic court for comments about God.
- Biden inauguration leaves QAnon believers in disarrayon January 21, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Followers of the baseless conspiracy theory are split over failed inauguration day predictions.
- Coronavirus: French students promised one euro lockdown mealson January 21, 2021 at 4:54 pm
It follows nationwide protests in which students called for more help and support in the pandemic.
- Biden inauguration: Katy's anthem, Bernie's mittens and other momentson January 21, 2021 at 3:55 pm
A poet laureate, a fist bump and lots of winter clothing - all the things you might have missed.
- Bridgerton second series 'exciting', says writeron January 21, 2021 at 3:41 pm
The author behind the book speaks exclusively to the BBC about the news of a second series.
- Inside Biden's new-look Oval Officeon January 21, 2021 at 2:05 pm
Busts of influential civil rights leaders sit alongside portraits of famous presidents.