BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Iran prisoner spends 1,000 days in solitary confinementon June 2, 2023 at 9:27 am
Amnesty International says Vahid Afkari was wrongly convicted and should be immediately released.
- Ben Roberts-Smith case: Will Australia see a war crimes reckoning?on June 2, 2023 at 7:28 am
A court has upheld reports that a top soldier killed unarmed Afghans - but wider questions remain.
- Joe Biden 'fine' after fall on stage in Coloradoon June 2, 2023 at 6:47 am
Officials say the 80-year-old president stumbled on a sandbag while handing out diplomas at a graduation ceremony in Colorado.
- iPhone in India: Foxconn to manufacture smartphones in Karnataka by April 2024on June 2, 2023 at 5:25 am
Apple's decision to manufacture iPhones in India aims at diversifying away from China
- Franco Mulakkal: Pope accepts resignation of bishop accused of rapeon June 2, 2023 at 4:06 am
The Vatican had temporarily relieved Franco Mulakkal of his duties when he was arrested in 2018
- Florida teenager Dev Shah wins US Spelling Bee with 'psammophile'on June 2, 2023 at 3:22 am
Dev Shah defeats Charlotte Walsh after she fails to correctly spell "daviely" in an earlier round.
- Congress approves debt deal, averting a US defaulton June 2, 2023 at 3:19 am
President Joe Biden will now sign the measure into law, staving off worldwide economic chaos.
- Brics ministers call for rebalancing of global order away from Weston June 2, 2023 at 1:55 am
The talks attended by Russia in South Africa are clouded by allegations of war crimes in Ukraine.
- Africa's week in pictures: 26 May-1 June 2023on June 1, 2023 at 11:35 pm
A selection of the best photos from across Africa and beyond this week.
- Foo Fighters review: But Here We Are finds a band working through griefon June 1, 2023 at 11:32 pm
The band's first album since Taylor Hawkins' death, is a powerful account of, and antidote to, pain.
- Ukraine war: Teens used to report Russian propagandaon June 1, 2023 at 11:22 pm
Children as young as 16 are working at TV channels in occupied Ukraine, spouting Russian propaganda.
- Poland's quest to retrieve priceless Nazi-looted arton June 1, 2023 at 11:11 pm
A 16th Century Italian painting looted by the Nazis has been returned to Poland from Japan.
- Mexican police find 45 bags of human remainson June 1, 2023 at 10:54 pm
Officials were searching a ravine near Guadalajara for seven young people reported missing last week.
- Are tornadoes in the US getting worse?on June 1, 2023 at 10:30 pm
They are largely unpredictable and unforeseeable but are twisters becoming a more serious threat?
- Elon Musk: Twitter boss reclaims title of world's richest personon June 1, 2023 at 9:15 pm
Shares in Musk's electric car company Tesla have almost doubled since the start of the year.
- How gun violence is reshaping American liveson June 1, 2023 at 9:08 pm
Avoiding public places, moving home... how the threat of random gunfire is changing the way people live.
- Women lead Indian families as men migrateon June 1, 2023 at 9:05 pm
India's traditionally patriarchal society is seeing a rising number of women heading families.
- Itamar Ben-Gvir: Israel minister jeered as thousands attend Jerusalem Pride marchon June 1, 2023 at 7:19 pm
The Jerusalem event was the first since the election of a hardline government with homophobic ministers.
- France influencers: Jail threat for those found flouting new ad lawson June 1, 2023 at 7:16 pm
France's new rules ban or restrict certain commercial practices by online personalities.
- Andrew Tate: Controversial influencer denies manipulation allegationson June 1, 2023 at 4:48 pm
The controversial social media influencer denies accusations of rape, human trafficking and exploiting women.