US News – Get the latest local news from US Newspapers in the United States. See breaking news and top stories. All the news that are making headlines in the US.
List of US News Providers
Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily US Newspapers currently in circulation.
- Dow drops 1,000 points as markets extend their slide in 2022on January 24, 2022 at 7:57 pm
Stocks fell sharply as investors anticipate inflation-fighting measures from the Federal Reserve and fret over the possibility of conflict between Russia and Ukraine
- UAE, US intercept Houthi missile attack targeting Abu Dhabion January 24, 2022 at 7:12 pm
It is the latest attack to target the Emirati capital.
- Several wounded in shooting in German city; gunman deadon January 24, 2022 at 7:10 pm
Police say one person has been killed and three people were wounded after a lone gunman opened fire during a packed lecture at Heidelberg University in southwestern Germany then killed himself
- Sarah Palin's defamation suit against NY Times set for trialon January 24, 2022 at 6:54 pm
A judge has delayed trial for former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's defamation claims against The New York Times after she tested positive for the coronavirus three times
- Supreme Court takes cases on future of affirmative actionon January 24, 2022 at 6:38 pm
The U.S. Supreme Court is taking up major cases that could decide the future of affirmative action in college admissions.
- DHS warns of Russian cyberattack on US if it responds to Ukraine invasionon January 24, 2022 at 5:52 pm
The Department of Homeland Security has warned of a Russian cyberattack against the U.S. if it responds to an invasion of Ukraine.
- Fed to signal rate hike as it launches risky inflation fighton January 24, 2022 at 5:34 pm
With inflation punishing consumers and threatening the economy, the Federal Reserve will likely signal its intent this week to begin raising interest rates in March for the first time in three years
- China tests 2M in Beijing, lifts COVID lockdown in Xi’anon January 24, 2022 at 5:17 pm
Chinese authorities are testing some 2 million residents of Beijing after a series of virus cases prompted concerns two weeks ahead of the opening of the Winter Olympics
- Police investigate homicide of 6 people found dead at Milwaukee homeon January 24, 2022 at 5:10 pm
Six people were found dead at a home in Wisconsin's largest city in what police are investigating as a homicide.
- WATCH: Tonga flag bearer working to help homeland after devastating volcano, tsunamion January 24, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Pita Taufatofua raised over $600,000 for Tonga after the archipelago was blanketed in an ash cloud and communication with the island was cut off.
See more …
Home - CBSNews.com Headlines From CBSNews.com
- IRS warns some CTC letters may have incorrect informationon January 24, 2022 at 8:05 pm
The issue could create tax refund delays for parents if they rely on faulty information to complete their tax returns.
- Valentine's Day gifts for your girlfriendon January 24, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Find Valentine's Day gifts she'll rave about from Sephora, UrbanStems, Papier and more, perfect for any budget.
- Mindfulness expert Jay Shetty shares tips to improve overall mental healthon January 24, 2022 at 7:50 pm
Bestselling author Jay Shetty joins "CBS Mornings" to share steps people can take to improve mental health and use meditation in daily life. He also reveals details on his new partnership with Calm, an app that helps overall mental wellness.
- CBS News Miami debuts, highlighting local stories from communityon January 24, 2022 at 7:50 pm
CBS News Miami debuted Monday, and it's welcoming a new member to its team. Kendis Gibson, an anchor on CBS News Miami's morning show, spoke with CBS News' Anne-Marie Green and Vladimir Duthiers.
- MoneyWatch: Small businesses on the brink amid COVID pandemic and labor market shortageson January 24, 2022 at 7:50 pm
In MoneyWatch, a new survey conducted by Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Voices initiative reveals that 79% of small business owners are concerned about the ongoing pandemic while 13% say they have been forced to temporarily close or scale back operations during the pandemic. Joe Wall, national director for Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small […]
- U.S. orders Ukraine embassy staff to leave country amid tensions with Russiaon January 24, 2022 at 7:50 pm
As the conflict between Ukraine and Russia continues to boil, the U.S. is ordering embassy staff and their families to leave as fears of invasion continue. CBS News correspondent Laura Podesta joins "CBS News Mornings" with more.
- Biden weighs Ukraine options as tensions grow with Russiaon January 24, 2022 at 7:50 pm
President Biden met with his national security team over the weekend to discuss how to handle growing tensions between Russia and Ukraine, including the possibility of sending U.S. troops to nearby countries. CBS News senior White House correspondent Weijia Jiang spoke with Anne-Marie Green and Vladimir Duthiers about what the Biden administration […]
- Young adults step up amid EMT shortage in New York townon January 24, 2022 at 7:36 pm
During a pandemic-driven volunteer EMT shortage in Sackets Harbor, New York, a group of teens stepped up to fill the gap.
- Lawsuits allege Google lied about your location trackingon January 24, 2022 at 7:36 pm
For years, the search and internet giant allowed users to hide their "Location History" but tracked it anyway, suit alleges.
- Eye Opener: As fear mounts of a Russian invasion of Ukraine, some Americans are being evacuatedon January 24, 2022 at 7:23 pm
Some Americans are being evacuated from Ukraine amid fears over a potential Russian invasion. Also, U.S. schools face big testing challenges as COVID-19 hits hardest in states with low vaccination rates. All that and all that matters in today’s Eye Opener.
See more …
FOX News FoxNews.com - Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- US forces on 'heightened preparedness' amid Russia-Ukraine tensionby Jon Brown on January 24, 2022 at 8:02 pm
The United States has heightened the readiness of its forces at home and abroad amid tensions between Russia and Ukraine.
- Tennessee deputy found shot to death inside home engulfed in flames, suspect arrestedby Stephen Sorace on January 24, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Patrol Deputy Savanna Puckett was found shot dead in her home that was engulfed in flames on Sunday evening. Authorities arrested a man in connection to the 22-year-old's death on Monday.
- Russia and Ukraine: Biden and national security team discuss possible US troop deployment to Eastern Europeby Brooke Singman on January 24, 2022 at 7:44 pm
A number of top national security officials are involved in discussions with President Biden as he weighs sending several thousand U.S. troops to Eastern Europe and the Baltic States amid the possibility of a Russia invasion of Ukraine.
- Bengals' Eli Apple rips 2 NFL fan bases as team prepares for AFC Championshipby Ryan Gaydos on January 24, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Eli Apple didn’t mince words on social media when he was talking about what he believes are some of the worst fan bases in the NFL.
- Hugh Hefner’s son defends Playboy founder ahead of shocking doc: ‘A case study of regret becoming revenge’by Stephanie Nolasco on January 24, 2022 at 7:34 pm
Hugh Hefner son Cooper Hefner spoke out ahead of A&E's "Secrets of Playboy" premiering Monday night.
- Lone gunman opens fire during lecture at German university, reportedly kills oneon January 24, 2022 at 7:30 pm
A lone gunman opened fire during a lecture at Heidelberg University in southwestern Germany on Monday and wounded four people, before killing himself.
- MSNBC's Tiffany Cross urges liberals to 'pick up a weapon and get involved' in 'war' for democracyby Brian Flood on January 24, 2022 at 7:29 pm
MSNBC host Tiffany Cross urged fellow progressives to "pick up a weapon and get involved" in the "war" for the survival of the country on Saturday.
- 'LOVE' artist Robert Indiana's estate reaches multi-million dollar settlementon January 24, 2022 at 7:25 pm
The Robert Indiana estate settlement totals more than $2 million, most of which was paid by lawfirms through refunds or credit.
- UK scientist visiting girlfriend in Atlanta area is killed by stray bullet: policeby Greg Norman on January 24, 2022 at 7:24 pm
A British scientist who reportedly was visiting his girlfriend in the Atlanta area has been killed by a stray bullet in an incident that police are describing as a “random act.”
- Pro-Life Caucus Chair Chris Smith outlines conservative efforts as Dems go for 'jugular' on abortionby Sam Dorman on January 24, 2022 at 7:22 pm
House Pro-Life Caucus Chairman Chris Smith outlined a series of measures Republicans were taking as Democrats attempted to codify Roe v. Wade and provide abortion funding at the federal level.
See more …
NBC News Top Stories NBC News Top Stories
- U.S. discussing military deployment near Ukraine with NATO alliesby Courtney Kube and Kelly O'Donnell and Max Burman and Teaganne Finn and Rebecca Shabad on January 24, 2022 at 7:42 pm
Defense Secretary Austin briefed Biden on U.S. military options for responding to Russia, including moving U.S. troops to countries bordering Ukraine.
- Dow plunges by more than 1,000 pointsby Bryan Logan and Hannah Miao, CNBC and Yun Li, CNBC on January 24, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Stocks continued their weeks-long cascade on Monday after the S&P 500 suffered its worst week since the start of the pandemic.
- Six people found dead at Milwaukee homeby Chantal Da Silva and Reuters on January 24, 2022 at 6:57 pm
A homicide investigation is underway after six people were found dead at a home in Milwaukee, according to local officials.
- 'Climate of fear': Fla. school district cancels professor’s civil rights lecture over critical race theory concernsby Dennis Romero and Marc Caputo and Teaganne Finn on January 24, 2022 at 6:26 pm
Critical race theory concerns played a role in a Florida school district cancelling a civil rights lecture.
- FBI searches headquarters of national Covid testing companyby Laura Strickler on January 24, 2022 at 6:24 pm
Federal agents executed a search warrant at the Chicago-area headquarters of a national pop-up testing chain called the Center for COVID Control, a
- Scientists want to clear the air on a 'misleading' trend: 'Flurona' isn't realby Evan Bush on January 24, 2022 at 6:13 pm
It would have been hard to know in March 2020 that Covid-19 testing limitations in New York City would help lead doctors at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bro
- Sarah Palin tests positive for Covid ahead of start of New York Times defamation trialby Elisha Fieldstadt and Reuters on January 24, 2022 at 5:33 pm
Sarah Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and former Alaska governor, has tested positive for Covid-19, a judge announced Monday.
- Ex-Pope Benedict admits he was at meeting about abusive priestby Rachel Elbaum and Reuters and The Associated Press and Claudio Lavanga on January 24, 2022 at 3:48 pm
Retired Pope Benedict XVI admitted on Monday that he did attend a meeting in Munich in 1980 where an abusive priest was discussed, saying an earlier denial was the result of an editing mistake.
- Stowaway survives 11-hour flight in wheel section of cargo planeby Chantal Da Silva and Dennis Romero and David K. Li and Reuters on January 24, 2022 at 3:29 pm
A man found hiding in the wheel section of a cargo plane at Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport on Sunday survived an 11-hour flight from South Africa, officials said.
- Supreme Court denies Republican leader McCarthy's challenge to House proxy votingby Teaganne Finn on January 24, 2022 at 3:28 pm
Proxy voting allows lawmakers to cast votes through a colleague so they don't need to be physically present in the House chamber.
See more …
New York Times
New York Times
- Omicron Could End ‘Emergency Phase’ of Pandemic, W.H.O. Official Saysby The New York Times on January 24, 2022 at 8:01 pm
The variant offered “plausible hope for stabilization,” the agency’s European director said, echoing the optimism of other officials. Here’s the latest.
- S&P 500, in Correction Territory, Falls Againby The New York Times on January 24, 2022 at 8:01 pm
The S&P 500 fell into its biggest decline since the early days of the pandemic, entering correction territory. Get the latest on the economy.
- Cash Aid to Poor Mothers Improves Brain Function in Babies, Study Findsby Jason DeParle on January 24, 2022 at 8:00 pm
The research could have policy implications as President Biden pushes to revive his proposal to expand the child tax credit.
- Sarah Palin Has Covid, Delaying Libel Case Against The New York Timesby Jeremy W. Peters on January 24, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Jed S. Rakoff, the judge in the trial, said it would now begin on Feb. 3, after three positive test results for Ms. Palin.
- Military Seizes Power in Burkina Fasoby The New York Times on January 24, 2022 at 7:52 pm
Mutinous soldiers ousted the West African nation’s democratically elected president hours after surrounding his home. Follow updates here.
- Trial Begins for 3 Officers in George Floyd’s Deathby The New York Times on January 24, 2022 at 7:52 pm
The trial will focus on the duty of police officers to intervene during misconduct. Follow updates here.
- Benedict Admits Being at Meeting About Priest Accused of Abuseby Elisabetta Povoledo and Gaia Pianigiani on January 24, 2022 at 7:47 pm
A statement by the former pope contradicted a previous statement to a law firm investigating allegations of child sex abuse by priests when he was an archbishop.
- Seven Virginia School Boards Sue Over Governor’s Mask Orderby Christine Hauser on January 24, 2022 at 7:46 pm
The filing questions the constitutionality of Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s order allowing parents to decide whether their children should comply with mask rules at school.
- U.S. Helps Thwart Attack by Yemen Rebels on American Air Base in U.A.E.by Mona El-Naggar and Eric Schmitt on January 24, 2022 at 7:37 pm
The Houthi rebels fired two missiles at a base in Abu Dhabi where 2,000 Americans are stationed, the latest salvo in their escalating war with a Saudi-led coalition that includes the United Arab Emirates.
- James Webb Telescope Arrives at Destination in Space: Updates and Videoby Joey Roulette on January 24, 2022 at 7:28 pm
The telescope’s safe arrival is a relief to scientists who plan to spend the next 10 or more years using it to study ancient galaxies.
See more …
New York Post
New York Post
New York Post – Breaking News, Latest US & World Headlines Your source for breaking news, news about New York, sports, business, entertainment, opinion, real estate, culture, fashion, and more.
- Pentagon puts up to 8,500 US forces on alert amid Ukraine crisisby Callie Patteson on January 24, 2022 at 8:03 pm
Up to 8,500 US forces have been placed on “heighten alert” for potential deployment to eastern Europe amid growing tensions between Washington and Moscow over Ukraine.
- Fugitive sex offender who faked death given away by his tattoosby The Sun on January 24, 2022 at 7:39 pm
A fugitive accused sex offender who faked his own death was eventually given away by his tattoos, a court was told.
- Pennsylvania school board member blasted for ‘appalling’ message to concerned parentsby Fox News on January 24, 2022 at 7:19 pm
Richard Robinson, who is a school board member for the York Suburban School District, wrote the op-ed in the York Dispatch that garnered nationwide attention, explaining why he says he doesn't work for parents.
- Four killed in ‘ambush’ at house party near Los Angelesby Marjorie Hernandez on January 24, 2022 at 7:09 pm
Four people were killed when multiple suspects ambushed a house party near Los Angeles in what is believed to be a gang-related shooting, authorities and officials said.
- Vaccinated Nike employee fired for denying vax proof to third party: reportby Emily Crane on January 24, 2022 at 7:01 pm
Dex Briggs was let go from his job at Nike's headquarters in Portland, Oregon last month for not complying with the company's COVID-19 vaccine mandate.
- DHS warns of Russian hack attacks as Ukraine invasion fears growby Mark Moore on January 24, 2022 at 6:36 pm
The Department of Homeland Security has warned state and local governments as well as private infrastructure operators that Russia could launch a cyber attack.
- Brit allegedly stabbed to death with sickle in Thailand by local angry at noiseby Lee Brown on January 24, 2022 at 6:36 pm
The two men, both only wearing shorts, were found in a pool of blood outside the house, next to a blood-stained bench and a table covered in beer bottles.
- Biden to phone Euro allies as fears of Russian attack on Ukraine growby Steven Nelson on January 24, 2022 at 6:18 pm
President Biden will speak with the leaders of NATO, the European Union and America's Western allies as trepidation grows about a possible Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Fired financial adviser flooded with bad reviews after racist smoothie shop tiradeby Emily Crane on January 24, 2022 at 6:11 pm
James Iannazzo was hit with more than 1,000 one-star ratings on Google after he was caught on camera throwing a smoothie at a teenage employee and calling her a “f—ing immigrant."
- Six people found dead in Milwaukee home during welfare check: copsby Joshua Rhett Miller on January 24, 2022 at 5:54 pm
Six people, including five men, were found dead inside a Milwaukee home in what is believed to be a homicide, authorities said. Autopsies on the victims were expected to be conducted Monday.
See more …
San Francisco Chronicles
San Francisco Chronicles
- California officer killed by suspected DUI driver on Highway 99by Orko Manna, KCRA on January 23, 2022 at 5:40 pm
"We feel like we've just been kicked in the stomach."
- Man killed in SFO police shooting was armed with 2 airsoft guns, San Mateo County DA saysby Amy Graff on January 21, 2022 at 10:27 pm
The California Department of Justice is investigating the Thursday shooting.
- Marin Brewing Company closes after more than 30 yearsby Amy Graff on January 21, 2022 at 8:40 pm
When the brewery didn't get help from the almost $30 billion Restaurant Revitalization Fund, it was sent over the edge.
- Gusts over 60 mph whip Mount Diablo. When will the Bay Area winds peak?by Amy Graff on January 21, 2022 at 3:57 pm
Hold onto your hat. It's windy in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- California man found dead near hiking trail in Joshua Tree National Parkby Amy Graff on January 20, 2022 at 7:18 pm
A 35-year-old California man was found dead Monday morning at the base of a popular rock-climbing spot in Joshua Tree National Park.
- Bay Area man banned from Yellowstone after bloody hotel assaultby Joshua Bote on January 20, 2022 at 7:09 pm
Three law enforcements officers were injured.
- Police shoot and kill armed man at San Francisco International Airportby Amy Graff on January 20, 2022 at 6:04 pm
Police officers fired multiple shots "to neutralize the threat" of a man brandishing two firearms at SFO on Thursday morning, airport officials said.
- Remains of missing Northern California man found in Oregonby Amy Graff on January 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Authorities in Oregon said Wednesday that skeletal remains discovered Monday by a man hiking off-trail with his dog belong to a missing Northern California man.
- Teen at bail hearing for Los Gatos party mom: 'I would feel scared if you let her out'by Amy Graff on January 20, 2022 at 1:15 am
A 47-year-old Los Gatos mom accused of hosting drunken, sex-fueled parties for teenagers appeared in court again.
- Better.com CEO Vishal Garg to be reinstated after mass Zoom layoff controversyby Joshua Bote, SFGATE on January 19, 2022 at 7:55 pm
"I am deeply sorry for the angst, distraction and embarrassment my actions have caused."
See more …
The Seattle Times Nation – The Seattle Times Read all the latest news from around the nation.
- Florida district cancels seminar over race theory concernsby MIKE SCHNEIDER on January 24, 2022 at 7:52 pm
School administrators in a central Florida county canceled a seminar for history teachers on the U.S. civil rights movement, in part, because it hadn’t been screened to make sure it was free of critical race theory.
- EXPLAINER: Federal charges against 3 cops in Floyd killingby AMY FORLITI on January 24, 2022 at 7:51 pm
Three former officers who were with Derek Chauvin during the arrest that led to George Floyd’s killing are on trial on federal charges they violated the Black man’s civil rights.
- New space telescope reaches final stop million miles outby MARCIA DUNN on January 24, 2022 at 7:30 pm
The world's biggest and most powerful space telescope has reached its final destination 1 million miles away. A few adjustments are needed before observations are expected to begin in June
- S&P 500 falls into correction territory with its sharpest daily drop in a yearby Coral Murphy Marcos on January 24, 2022 at 7:30 pm
Wall Street is headed for its biggest drop in nearly a year. Investors are rattled by the prospect of the Federal Reserve removing its support for the economy faster than anticipated to combat inflation.
- Harmony Montgomery disappearance narrowed to 13-day windowby KATHY McCORMACK on January 24, 2022 at 7:25 pm
Investigators have narrowed the window of the disappearance of a New Hampshire girl missing since late 2019 at age 5 to a 13-day period coinciding with the eviction of her father and stepmother from their home, with witness accounts of the family living in cars.
- Hope seen once the omicron wave increases global immunityby CARLA K. JOHNSON on January 24, 2022 at 6:50 pm
World health officials are offering hope that the ebbing of the omicron wave could usher in a new, more manageable phase of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Biscuit World union effort rooted in West Virginia historyby LEAH WILLINGHAM on January 24, 2022 at 6:39 pm
Workers at a franchise of Tudor's Biscuit World are hoping they will soon be members of West Virginia's first unionized fast-food restaurant.
- Sundance doc looks at man behind the modern bulletproof vestby LINDSEY BAHR on January 24, 2022 at 6:27 pm
Richard Davis was a bankrupt pizzeria owner when he got the idea for a bulletproof vest in 1969 Michigan.
- Iran signals willingness to engage directly with US on dealby The Associated Press on January 24, 2022 at 6:18 pm
Iran has signaled a willingness to engage directly with the United States in ongoing discussions over the nuclear deal with world powers if it is necessary to reach a good agreement.
- Heavy rains weren’t enough to stop winter fires in Californiaby Soumya Karlamangla on January 24, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Heavy rainfall in the final three months of 2021 had many hoping the threat of fire would lessen for at least the next few months. That turned out not to be the case.
See more …
GANNETT Syndication Service USATODAY - News Top Stories
- 'Fashion is having a hard month': Hollywood A-listers mourn designer Manfred Thierry Muglerby USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 7:57 pm
The entertainment world is mourning the loss of legendary French fashion designer Manfred Theirry Mugler, who died Jan. 23 at age 73.
- Biden to consult European allies as NATO says it will shift troops to east: What we knowby USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 7:56 pm
European Union foreign ministers sought Monday to put on a display of resolve in support of Ukraine.
- Affirmative action: Supreme Court to consider use of race in college admissionsby USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 6:53 pm
The lawsuits charge Harvard and the University of North Carolina discriminate against Asian and white students to boost Black and Hispanic enrollment.
- WHO chief says pandemic at 'critical juncture'; Sarah Palin tests positive: Live COVID updatesby USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 6:48 pm
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's day in court over defamation claims against the New York Times was on hold after she tested positive. COVID news.
- Tax season 2022: IRS now accepting tax returns. What to know before filing taxes about your refund.by USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 6:42 pm
Get ready to file taxes. Jan. 24 is the first day the Internal Revenue Service will begin accepting tax returns but your tax refund could take longer.
- 'Secrets of Playboy:' Hugh Hefner's former girlfriends, Playmates and employees allege a culture of abuseby USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 6:31 pm
New Playboy docuseries arrives at a time when the public may finally be ready to reckon with what Hugh Hefner's controversial legacy.
- Tennessee sheriff deputy found dead inside her burning home with gunshot woundby Nashville Tennessean on January 24, 2022 at 6:27 pm
A man has been arrested after Robertson County Deputy Savanna Puckett was found shot and dead inside her burning home Sunday, officials said.
- Chiefs proposed to change NFL playoffs OT rules in 2019. These rules helped them beat Bills in 2022.by USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 6:13 pm
The Chiefs proposed changing the overtime rules in the playoffs in 2019. On Sunday, they reaped the rewards of no OT changes in beating Bills.
- Dutch tourist arrested for making Nazi salute at Auschwitz death camp while posing for photoby USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 6:02 pm
Polish police said a 29-year-old woman made the Nazi salute in front of the "Gate of Death." She said she did it as a "stupid joke."
- Insurance and aid aren't covering the cost of disasters in America. Is it time to relocate?by USA TODAY on January 24, 2022 at 5:47 pm
The rise of billion-dollar natural disasters exposes the inadequacy of the U.S. system for financial relief.
See more …
Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal
WSJ.com: US Business US Business
- Google Deceived Users About Location Tracking, States Allegeon January 24, 2022 at 7:56 pm
The company tracks people’s movements using information from its search engine, Maps app, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth services even after users turn off location tracking, a lawsuit filed by Washington, D.C., alleges. Google disputed the allegations.
- Omicron Slows the Global Economy, Hitting the U.S. Particularly Hardon January 24, 2022 at 6:13 pm
The U.S. saw a pullback in services and manufacturing growth, while services sectors in Europe, Asia also felt an impact from the new Covid-19 variant.
- Meta Unveils New AI Supercomputeron January 24, 2022 at 5:00 pm
When the AI Research SuperCluster is fully built it will be the fastest AI supercomputer in the world, the Facebook-parent says
- Boeing Expands Focus on Air Taxison January 24, 2022 at 4:38 pm
Boeing is investing a further $450 million in Wisk, its joint venture with Google co-founder Larry Page to develop small, pilotless aircraft for short passenger hops in and around cities.
- Ford Shuts Off Orders for New $20,000 Maverick Pickupon January 24, 2022 at 3:20 pm
With more-affordable vehicles in short supply, the auto maker said demand for the new pickup truck has surged and it is straining to fill a backlog of orders.
- Peloton Investor Calls for Sale, Exit of CEOon January 24, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Blackwells Capital believes the stationary-bike maker could be an attractive acquisition target for larger technology or fitness-oriented companies.
- Facebook Promised Poor Countries Free Internet. People Got Charged Anyway.on January 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Its global program, designed to boost growth outside the U.S., leads to unexpected data costs. The company, which knows about the problem, blames software glitches.
- Tesla Countersues JPMorgan in Fight Over Warrantson January 24, 2022 at 2:41 pm
The electric-car maker alleges the bank’s dislike of Elon Musk is behind its $162 million lawsuit in November.
- Kohl's Shares Surge 30% on Takeover Bids for Retaileron January 24, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Starboard and Sycamore have made separate approaches for the department-store chain, according to people familiar with the matter.
- Sony's Videogame Strategy Challenged by Microsoft's Deal for Activisionon January 24, 2022 at 12:28 pm
Sony faces decisions on how to beef up its own software lineup, whether to continue stressing hardware and what to do about the metaverse.
See more …
Washington Post Washington Post News Feed
- 17-year-old shot Magruder student with a ghost gun in school bathroom, prosecutor saysby Dan Morse, Jasmine Hilton on January 24, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Steven Alston, 17, ordered held without bond in Magruder High School shooting.
- Seven school boards sue to stop Gov. Youngkin’s mask-optional order on the day it takes effectby Hannah Natanson, Nicole Asbury on January 24, 2022 at 6:39 pm
On Monday, the Republican governor's order that makes masks optional took effect, leading to legal action by seven school boards.
- Inside this Maryland ICU, a depleted staff struggles to keep goingby Rachel Chason on January 24, 2022 at 6:14 pm
"Take care of me," unvaccinated patients ask. Two years into the pandemic, it’s getting harder.
- Anti-vaccine activists march in D.C. — a city that mandates coronavirus vaccination — to protest mandatesby Katie Mettler, Lizzie Johnson, Justin Wm. Moyer, Jessica Contrera, Emily Davies, Ellie Silverman, Peter Hermann, Peter Jamison on January 24, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Thousands of people attended the anti-vaccine rally, marching from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial.
- Three people killed in crash in Southern Marylandby Dana Hedgpeth on January 24, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Officials are investigating a crash in which two vehicles collided head-on.
- Three separate fires broke out at homes in Marylandby Dana Hedgpeth on January 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
One fire was reported in Montgomery County early Monday, and two others were in Prince George's County on Sunday.
- A message in a bottle that traveled 3,200 miles helped heal a Maryland boy’s griefby Sydney Page on January 24, 2022 at 11:00 am
The bottle surfacing in Ireland was a salve for Sasha Yonyak, 14, whose friend died two years after they had tossed it off the side of a fishing boat in Ocean City, Md.
- D.C.-area forecast: A third straight colder-than-normal week, but the chance of snow is smallby Jason Samenow on January 24, 2022 at 10:00 am
Highs most days are only in the 30s, with lows in the 20s and teens.
- D.C. police officer shot and wounded in Petworthby Peter Hermann on January 24, 2022 at 6:16 am
The officer, who suffered a wound to his hand and a graze wound to his head, was treated at a hospital and released, police said. No arrests have been made.
- PM Update: Flurries possible this evening. Sunny and a bit milder on Monday.by Greg Porter on January 24, 2022 at 5:17 am
A few flurries this evening and then some tranquil conditions for Monday.
See more …
Trending news in the United States
- Johnson & Johnson To Stop Selling Talc Baby Powder in US and Canada - Johnson & Johnson on Tuesday announced that it would stop selling its talc-based Johnson's Baby Powder in the United States and Canada, saying it was part of a broad reassessment of its consumer product portfolio prompted by the coronavirus pandemic. Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational…
- J. Crew Files For Bankruptcy Protection - J. Crew becomes the first national retail casualty of the coronavirus pandemic. The company said that it had made a deal with lenders to convert its debt into equity. The retailer expects to stay in business and emerge bankruptcy as…
- The Asian Murder Hornet Reaches N. America - Researchers in Washington State are on lookout for the invasive Asian murder hornet after the insect made its first appearance in the US. Washington state verified reports of the Asian giant hornet in two western cities. The Asian giant hornet…
- Dr. Fauci Testimony To US Congress Blocked – Aide - The White House has blocked top health official Dr. Anthony Fauci from testifying next week to a congressional committee that is examining the administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic. “We have been informed by an administration official that the White…
- NASCAR First Major Sport to Resume Events with May Races - With the COVID-19 pandemic putting an end to public gatherings around the country, NASCAR becomes the first major sport to resume events starting May 17. NASCAR announced on Thursday that it will hold seven races over 11 days at the…
- Drake Announces New Mixtape – Dark Lane Demo Tapes - Canadian Rapper Drake has revealed through his instagram that he has a new mixtape out. Titled "Dark Lane Demo Tapes", the project is made up of "the songs people have been asking for" and will include "some leaks and some…
- Congratulations! Anderson Cooper Welcomes Son – Wyatt Morgan Cooper - Anderson Cooper, the CNN anchor of the Anderson Cooper 360°, television personality and author, welcomes the birth of his son Wyatt Morgan Cooper on CNN. "It has been a difficult time in all of our lives, and there are certainly…
- What is Remdesivir? - Remdesivir - the experimental drug that FDA plans to authorize use on emergency cases for coronavirus. Remdesivir is an antiviral medication originally developed to treat Ebola virus. It is nucleotide analog, an adenosine analogue, which inserts into RNA chains destroying…