US News – Get the latest local news from US Newspapers in the United States. See breaking news and top stories. All the news that are making headlines in the US.
List of US News Providers
Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily US Newspapers currently in circulation.
- Suspect arrested in the death of 20-year-old mom gunned down on NYC streeton July 2, 2022 at 1:56 am
Police announced the arrest of a suspect Friday in the death of a 20-year-old woman who was gunned down.
- Will Apple see a wave of unionization like Starbucks?on July 2, 2022 at 1:19 am
A union victory at a store last month may set off a series of victories, experts said.
- New York governor signs bill to ban guns from Times Square, mass transiton July 2, 2022 at 1:10 am
New York lawmakers introduced legislation that would ban the concealed carry of guns in a "sensitive location," including Times Square and mass public transportation.
- WATCH: Tasmanian devil refuses to give back phoneon July 2, 2022 at 12:59 am
A volunteer at a wildlife sanctuary eventually saved a phone that fell into the enclosure of a Tasmanian devil.
- WATCH: Lamb makes friend with chick on farm in Englandon July 2, 2022 at 12:56 am
A two-day-old lamb named Snowdrop made a friendship with a little chick on a rescue farm in England.
- WATCH: Cruise ship hits iceberg en route to Alaskaon July 2, 2022 at 12:55 am
A Norwegian Cruise Line ship hit an iceberg near Hubbard Glacier in Alaska, but the boat safely docked in Seattle for repairs.
- WATCH: Sea birds release back into wildon July 2, 2022 at 12:53 am
Peru's National Forestry and Wildlife Services agency rescued 18 sea birds from an oil spill in January and just released them back into wild.
- 2 officers killed, several hurt in mass shootingon July 2, 2022 at 12:34 am
A 49-year-old man is in custody after he allegedly shot and killed two Kentucky police officers and wounded several others.
- Russian missiles kill at least 18 in Ukraine's Odesa regionon July 1, 2022 at 11:37 pm
The attacks targeted residential buildings.
- Uvalde DA make rare comments on school shooting investigationon July 1, 2022 at 10:59 pm
The district attorney investigating the May 24 shooting that killed two teachers and 19 students in Uvalde, Texas, revealed Friday that she has met with some families.
See more …
Home - CBSNews.com Headlines From CBSNews.com
- The Uplift: A trip to space and a thrift shop surpriseon July 2, 2022 at 2:10 am
A 26-year-old makes history with a trip to space on a Blue Origin rocket. A woman buys a sculpture at a thrift store in Texas for $34.99 and learns it is an ancient Roman bust with a rich history. A teen spends his free time teaching seniors karate. Plus, our most viral good news videos of the week, on this episode of "The Uplift."
- Crime Without Punishment: Fighting for Justice | CBS Reportson July 2, 2022 at 2:06 am
In this CBS Reports documentary, Jim Axelrod peels back the curtain on a sobering reality of a justice system in crisis: For roughly half of the people murdered in America, no one is arrested for the crime.
- Lake Mead reveals sunken WWII-era boat as water levels plummeton July 2, 2022 at 2:05 am
Experts say climate change and drought have led to the lake dropping to its lowest level since it was full about 20 years ago.
- New York overhauls handgun rules to preserve some limits on firearmson July 2, 2022 at 1:59 am
New York's legislature has approved a sweeping overhaul of the state's handgun licensing rules, seeking to preserve some limits after the Supreme Court said people have a right to carry a handgun for personal protection.
- From 2014: Margaret Keane and the story behind "Big Eyes"on July 2, 2022 at 1:39 am
The paintings of Walter Keane, instantly recognizable by their subjects' large, haunting eyes, became known the world over. But Walter never actually painted them; his wife, Margaret, did. Lee Cowan talked with the real artist behind saucer-eyed waifs about why she allowed her authorship to be hidden, in this "Sunday Morning" story originally […]
- Man wounded in possible Long Island shark attackon July 2, 2022 at 1:23 am
This comes after a girl was seriously injured in a brazen shark attack at a Florida beach Thursday.
- John Bolton discusses Jan. 6, Trump and Ukraineon July 2, 2022 at 1:09 am
John Bolton, former United Nations ambassador and White House national security advisor, spoke exclusively to CBS News' Catherine Herridge about the Jan. 6 hearings, whether former President Donald Trump will run again in 2024 and the United States' role in the war in Ukraine.
- WNBA star Brittney Griner stands trial in Russiaon July 2, 2022 at 12:47 am
The trial for WNBA star Brittney Griner began Friday in Russia. She was whisked into a closed-door hearing in what could be a months-long trial over alleged drug charges. A U.S. representative said Griner is doing as well as can be expected given the difficult circumstances. Charlie D'Agata reports.
- President Joe Biden says U.S. will send additional $800 million in military aid for Ukraineon July 2, 2022 at 12:44 am
President Joe Biden is vowing to stand with Ukraine for "as long as it takes." The president announced plans to send an additional $800 million in security assistance to Ukraine. Zeke Miller, CBS News political contributor and White House reporter for the Associated Press, has more.
- At least 2 officers killed in Kentucky ambush shootingon July 2, 2022 at 12:44 am
Two officers were killed and another five officers wounded in a shooting in Allen, Kentucky. The officers were ambushed as they answered a domestic violence call.
See more …
FOX News FoxNews.com - Breaking news and video. Latest Current News: U.S., World, Entertainment, Health, Business, Technology, Politics, Sports.
- DC gym apologizes for 'insensitive' Juneteenth cocktailby Adam Sabes on July 2, 2022 at 1:51 am
A gym in Washington, D.C. apologized after its members' pool club bar served a drink intended to be in honor of Juneteenth, allegedly called “Watermelon Henny Lemonade."
- Inflation 'not all' Putin's fault: Fox News host Howard Kurtzby Fox News Staff on July 2, 2022 at 1:47 am
"Special Report" All-Star panel sounded off on the Senate filibuster, President Biden passing the buck on inflation and this week's winners and losers on Friday.
- Texas man gets 45 years for killing neighbor amid feud over former wife and childby Louis Casiano on July 2, 2022 at 1:43 am
A Texas man embroiled in a feud with is neighbor got a 45-year prison sentenced after he was convicted of killing her, prosecutors said Thursday
- Ex-boyfriend of New York City woman shot dead while pushing stroller arrestedby Louis Casiano on July 2, 2022 at 1:27 am
The ex-boyfriend of a woman shot and killed while pushing a baby stroller in New York City this week has been arrested
- A new NATO commander for Europe takes chargeby Jennifer Griffin on July 2, 2022 at 1:23 am
American four-star General Christopher Cavoli was sworn in as the new Supreme Allied Commander and head of U.S. European Command a day after a two-day NATO summit.
- Texas man arrested after making 'terrorist threat' toward Supreme Courtby Adam Sabes on July 2, 2022 at 1:08 am
A Texas man was arrested on June 25 after allegedly making a "terrorist threat" toward the Supreme Court after the reversal of Roe v. Wade.
- Heidi Klum says her ‘talent’ is controlling her sweatby Janelle Ash on July 2, 2022 at 1:02 am
Heidi Klum has more than one talent. The supermodel revealed that she can control her own sweat.
- Johnny 'Joey' Jones: Thank you for being a country worth fighting forby Fox News Staff on July 2, 2022 at 12:58 am
Fox News contributor Johnny "Joey" Jones reacts to a Fox News poll showing national pride is down among many from all parties on "Jesse Watters Primetime."
- North Carolina 1-year-old dies in hot car death, 10th child in US this year: reportby Louis Casiano on July 2, 2022 at 12:34 am
A 12-month-old baby in North Carolina was left in a hot car and died after her father reportedly left her inside,
- Rampant travel delays isn't a problem airlines can just fix: Johnny 'Joey' Jonesby Fox News Staff on July 2, 2022 at 12:34 am
Johnny "Joey" Jones and "The Five" discuss airlines’ struggles to meet summer travel demands and Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg’s ineffectiveness.
See more …
NBC News Top Stories NBC News Top Stories
- New York Legislature passes stiffer gun restrictions to soften blow of Supreme Court rulingby Melissa Chan on July 2, 2022 at 12:58 am
The New York State Legislature passed a flurry of gun restrictions Friday, banning firearms in many public places, including Times Square, and stiffening
- Trump’s ‘fear factor’ shows signs of waning as 2024 Republican hopefuls jockeyby Marc Caputo on July 1, 2022 at 11:55 pm
If Donald Trump runs for president again, he’ll likely be the party's nominee. But a raft of GOP candidates look ready to take him on.
- Biden offshore drilling proposal panned by environmentalists and oil industryby Associated Press on July 1, 2022 at 11:38 pm
The Biden administration proposed up to 10 oil and gas lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and one off the Alaska coast over the next five years.
- R. Kelly on suicide watch for 'purely punitive reasons,' his attorney saysby David K. Li and Alec Hernandez on July 1, 2022 at 9:45 pm
R. Kelly has been placed on suicide watch for "purely punitive reasons," his attorney said Friday, days after he was sentenced to 30 years in prison.
- What the reactions to Clarence Thomas post-Roe reveal about white liberalsby Musa al-Gharbi on July 1, 2022 at 8:14 pm
Supreme Court Roe v Wade opinion sparks racist attacks on Clarence Thomas, confirming his world view
- Florida teen killed by man who feared being outed as gay, police sayby Jay Valle on July 1, 2022 at 8:06 pm
A Florida teenager fatally shot another teen because he feared being outed as gay, police in Daytona Beach said.
- TikTok responds to data privacy concerns raised by Republican senatorsby Elliot Lewis on July 1, 2022 at 7:59 pm
TikTok CEO Shou Zi Chew responded to the concerns of nine Republican senators about data privacy and access to U.S. user data in China.
- Cassidy Hutchinson urged to 'do the right thing' before Jan. 6 hearing, sources sayby Dareh Gregorian and Haley Talbot and Ali Vitali on July 1, 2022 at 7:46 pm
Cassidy Hutchinson, former top aide to White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, was the recipient of one of the messages the Jan. 6 committee unveiled this week.
- Democrats run Washington, but the Supreme Court delivers big wins for GOPby Sahil Kapur on July 1, 2022 at 7:20 pm
Joe Biden is president and Democrats control Congress, but it is Republicans who are enjoying some of the most far-reaching policy victories of the modern era,
- Father mourns death of daughter with lupus, smuggled in truck abandoned in Texasby Suzanne Gamboa on July 1, 2022 at 7:07 pm
The father of Honduran, Yazmín Nayarith Bueso Nuñez, who had lupus, mourned her death in a tractor trailer, one of 53 migrants who were smuggled into the U.S.
See more …
New York Times
New York Times
- The Supreme Court’s E.P.A. Decision Is More Gloom Than Doomby David Wallace-Wells on July 2, 2022 at 1:48 am
The most profound effect of West Virginia v. Environmental Protection Agency may ultimately be cultural.
- America’s Post-Roe Chaos Is Hereby Michelle Goldberg on July 2, 2022 at 1:46 am
The reality of criminalized abortion is going to shock people.
- Solveig Gold Is Proud to Be the Wife of a ‘Canceled’ Princeton Professorby Anemona Hartocollis on July 2, 2022 at 1:43 am
But she also wants to be known as more. At dinner with the aspiring public intellectual and her “cabal.”
- Your Friday Evening Briefingby Matthew Cullen on July 2, 2022 at 1:32 am
Here’s what you need to know at the end of the day.
- The E.P.A. Ruling Goes Beyond Coal Regulationby The Editorial Board on July 2, 2022 at 1:19 am
The decision issued a warning shot across the bow of the administrative state.
- Trump Eyes Early 2024 Announcement as Jan. 6 Scrutiny Intensifiesby Michael C. Bender, Reid J. Epstein and Maggie Haberman on July 2, 2022 at 1:09 am
Donald Trump has accelerated his campaign planning, hoping a White House bid will blunt a series of damaging revelations. Some Republicans are worried.
- Abortion Abolitionists Want to Punish Women for Abortionby Elizabeth Dias on July 2, 2022 at 1:07 am
Abortion “abolitionists” are the outer edge of the anti-abortion movement. They’re looking to gain followers after the decision to overturn Roe, unsettling mainstream anti-abortion groups.
- New York Fights Back on Guns and Abortion After Supreme Court Rulingsby Jonah E. Bromwich and Nicholas Fandos on July 2, 2022 at 12:49 am
Lawmakers passed measures that would prohibit concealed weapons in many public places, as well as an amendment that would initiate the process of enshrining the right to abortion in the state constitution.
- At Comedy Shows in Lviv, Crowds Look for Humor Amid a Deadly Warby David Segal on July 2, 2022 at 12:34 am
At the Cultural Defense shows in Lviv, comedians and audiences look for humor amid a deadly conflict. Don’t mind the air raid alarms.
- Mark Zuckerberg Prepares Meta Employees for a Tougher 2022by Mike Isaac and Sheera Frenkel on July 1, 2022 at 11:07 pm
In an internal meeting this week, Mr. Zuckerberg said the tech giant was facing one of the “worst downturns that we’ve seen in recent history.”
See more …
New York Post
New York Post
New York Post – Breaking News, Latest US & World Headlines Your source for breaking news, news about New York, sports, business, entertainment, opinion, real estate, culture, fashion, and more.
- Colorado State Patrol seizes enough fentanyl to kill 25 million peopleby Fox News on July 2, 2022 at 1:27 am
Officers with the Colorado State Patrol seized 114 pounds of pure fentanyl on a highway on June 6.
- Chris Cuomo returns to Instagram to share photos from visit to Ukraine war zoneby Carlos Greer on July 2, 2022 at 1:11 am
Earlier this week, disgraced former CNN anchor Chris Cuomo posted photos and videos from the war in Ukraine on Instagram account, his first posts since his firing in December.
- Iowa lawmaker Adrian Dickey’s daughter rails against his anti-abortion stanceby Jesse O’Neill on July 2, 2022 at 1:10 am
"When the Roe v. Wade came to light, I voiced my concerns and he silenced them," said Korynn Dickey.
- Burger King employee who didn’t miss a day for 27 years gets $300K in donations after receiving paltry giftsby Gabrielle Fonrouge on July 2, 2022 at 12:53 am
His daughters soon set up a GoFundMe page for their dad, seeking to raise about $200, but nearly $300,000 in donations have come in.
- Extreme California drought increases risk of wildfiresby FOX Weather on July 2, 2022 at 12:47 am
As extreme and persistent droughts continue to plague California, the increasing risk of wildfires weighs heavily on lumber manufacturers' minds.
- Love triangle slay suspect Kaitlin Armstrong had cosmetic surgery receipt when arrested: reportby Mark Lungariello on July 2, 2022 at 12:34 am
US federal officials said that Armstrong had altered her appearance when they found her and that she had a bandage on her nose and bruises under her eyes.
- Florida teen who lost part of leg in shark attack tried to fight off predator, dad saysby Selim Algar on July 1, 2022 at 11:22 pm
Brave teen fights back against shark attack. Father calls her "a tough cookie".
- Biden, Karine Jean-Pierre take no questions day after reporters’ protestby Steven Nelson on July 1, 2022 at 11:21 pm
The president held a single public event and reporters were shooed out while he was mid-sentence, making questions impossible.
- Trapped whale splashes to freedom after dramatic rescue in incredible videoby Mark Lungariello on July 1, 2022 at 10:41 pm
An incredible video shows a trapped whale splashing its way to freedom after a Norwegian coast guard crew cuts the gigantic mammal loose from ropes.
- Nurse suspended after relationship with ‘highly vulnerable’ psych patientby News.com.au on July 1, 2022 at 9:53 pm
A psychiatric nurse has been suspended after she formed a personal and intimate relationship with a “highly vulnerable” patient.
See more …
San Francisco Chronicles
San Francisco Chronicles
- San Francisco gaming tech company Unity lays off hundreds weeks after CEO reportedly suggested no imminent layoffsby Joshua Bote, SFGATE on July 1, 2022 at 6:43 pm
Laid-off workers were told they could look for other internal jobs, but there's allegedly a hiring freeze.
- Alleged Proud Boys members disrupt Northern California drag show eventby Alec Regimbal, SFGATE on July 1, 2022 at 6:40 pm
A group of 10 people, allegedly members of the Proud Boys, disrupted a drag show event in Woodland, California.
- Wells Fargo puts 13-story San Francisco office tower on market for $160Mby Tessa McLean on June 30, 2022 at 10:22 pm
A spokesperson said the company is committed to San Francisco and its San Francisco employees.
- Hacker gang broke into Silicon Valley chipmaker AMD because of workers’ terrible passwordsby Joshua Bote, SFGATE on June 30, 2022 at 6:54 pm
Don't use "password" as your password.
- San Francisco named second-worst-run city in US by WalletHub. City officials are livid.by Amy Graff, Joshua Bote on June 29, 2022 at 6:22 pm
Two Bay Area cities ranked poorly in a recent study by WalletHub.
- Bay Area man reportedly dies on Lake Tahoe after falling off tubeby Amy Graff on June 29, 2022 at 3:36 pm
The man reportedly drowned after falling out of an inflatable tube that was being pulled by a rented pontoon boat.
- Anchovies are reportedly raining from the sky across San Franciscoby Sam Moore on June 28, 2022 at 11:59 pm
People have noticed fish falling from the sky as far inland as the Castro.
- San Francisco school board votes to keep controversial Washington High mural uncoveredby Alec Regimbal, SFGATE on June 28, 2022 at 8:45 pm
The San Francisco school board voted to undo a decision to cover a controversial mural in a local high school.
- Chevron selling Bay Area headquarters, paying for employees relocate to Houstonby Tessa McLean on June 27, 2022 at 7:39 pm
Company leadership has been pushing for a move to Texas for years.
- 23 million Californians to get gas relief payments after budget deal struck, state leaders sayby Greta Serrin, KCRA on June 27, 2022 at 3:42 am
The framework includes giving 23 million Californians direct payments of up to $1,050.
See more …
The Seattle Times Nation – The Seattle Times Read all the latest news from around the nation.
- Baby’s father charged in slaying of stroller-pushing NYC momby The Associated Press on July 2, 2022 at 2:06 am
The ex-boyfriend of a New York City woman shot dead Wednesday as she pushed their infant daughter in a stroller has been arrested and charged with killing her.
- Sheriff: People getting out of Texas trailer were work crewby The Associated Press on July 2, 2022 at 1:43 am
Authorities say a group of people who were spotted getting in and out of a parked semitrailer in San Antonio were part of a work crew, not a human-smuggling operation.
- Distrust remains after Navy report on tainted Hawaii waterby JENNIFER SINCO KELLEHER and CALEB JONES on July 2, 2022 at 1:32 am
Some Hawaii residents, including Native Hawaiians and military families, say an investigation blaming a water contamination crisis on shoddy management and human error doesn’t help restore their trust in the U.S. Navy.
- Clerks complete recount of Nevada Republican governor’s raceby GABE STERN on July 2, 2022 at 1:27 am
County election officials wrapped up a two-day statewide recount of ballots in the Nevada GOP primary for governor on Friday and the outcome did not appear to change, showing second-place finisher Joey Gilbert losing to Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo in a crowded field.
- Top election officials in Arizona county leave amid threatsby BOB CHRISTIE on July 2, 2022 at 12:47 am
The elected county recorder and the elections director in Arizona's Yavapai County are resigning after more than a year and a half of threats and heated criticism from backers of former President Donald Trump.
- Biden administration says new drilling possible in gulf and Cook Inlet in Alaskaby LISA FRIEDMAN on July 2, 2022 at 12:37 am
The Biden administration announced its plan for oil and gas drilling off the coasts of the United States, allowing potential new lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico and Alaska.
- Amazon, Disney, AT&T gave to abortion foes while vowing to help employeesby Spencer Soper and Ike Swetlitz on July 2, 2022 at 12:35 am
Three corporate giants that pledged to pay for employees to travel for reproductive medical care also contributed to the campaigns of anti-abortion governors.
- US jury finds ex-Argentine officer responsible for massacreby The Associated Press on July 2, 2022 at 12:18 am
A jury in Miami has found a former Argentine naval officer responsible for a 1972 massacre of political prisoners in his homeland.
- Woman awarded $431,000 for Occupy Wall Street police actionsby LARRY NEUMEISTER on July 2, 2022 at 12:04 am
A Manhattan woman has been awarded over $400,000 by a jury after suing New York City and its police department, saying she suffered a traumatic brain injury when she was thrown to the ground while serving as a medic for protesters during 2012 Occupy Wall Street events.
- Prosecutor won’t sue Texas AG Paxton over Jan. 6 recordsby The Associated Press on July 2, 2022 at 12:01 am
Prosecutors say they won’t move forward with a lawsuit against Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton over his refusal to release his communications relating to his appearance at a pro-Donald Trump rally that preceded the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol last year.
See more …
GANNETT Syndication Service USATODAY - News Top Stories
- Move over Splash Mountain: Disney's 'Princess and the Frog'-themed Tiana's Bayou Adventure will debut in 2024by USA TODAY on July 2, 2022 at 12:22 am
Tiana's Bayou Adventure will change the face of Splash Mountain at Disneyland and Walt Disney World in 2024.
- June primary election results: What happened in the most important races and why they matterby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 10:57 pm
June primary battles covered some of the most important and largest states in the country, including Georgia, California, Nevada and more.
- Miles Bridges' wife posts photos of alleged assault by Charlotte Hornets starby Detroit Free Press on July 1, 2022 at 10:47 pm
Hornets' Miles Bridges was arrested Wednesday for felony domestic abuse in Los Angeles. On Friday, his wife shared photos from the alleged assault.
- Fourth of July 'travel drama': Airlines warn passengers to prepare for issuesby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 10:29 pm
Holiday weekends tend to see larger crowds at the airports, which could strain airlines that are already struggling with reliability this summer.
- Fatal police shooting of Jayland Walker in Ohio: Akron cancels events as it plans to release bodycam footageby Akron Beacon Journal on July 1, 2022 at 10:20 pm
Akron police will release bodycam footage Sunday of the shooting death of 25-year-old Jayland Walker.
- Actress Lily Tomlin takes on Ford over child crash tests using dead pigsby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 9:46 pm
Ford Motor Co. and Wayne State University can't understand why PETA and Lily Tomlin are spotlighting an old medical research study.
- Minnesota Timberwolves make big move to acquire Rudy Gobert from Utah Jazz, per reportsby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 9:37 pm
Minnesota has reached a deal to acquire star center Rudy Gobert from Utah for multiple players and multiple first-round draft picks.
- Biden warns Republicans will seek a nationwide abortion ban, arrest women who cross state linesby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 8:33 pm
Joe Biden offers dire warning in virtual meeting with Democratic governors who have committed to protecting abortion rights.
- Minecraft sensation Technoblade dies of cancer at 23, says goodbye in final YouTube videoby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 8:02 pm
An influential Minecraft player and YouTube streamer known as Technoblade had died of cancer at age 23. His final video has 27 million views.
- 'I can't take my family to Texas,' or another red state: Military parents fight to protect their transgender kidsby USA TODAY on July 1, 2022 at 7:04 pm
Some parents are leaving the military to avoid duty assignments in states that have passed harsh laws targeting LGBTQ youth.
See more …
Wall Street Journal
Wall Street Journal
WSJ.com: US Business US Business
- Exxon Says Quarterly Profit Could Hit $18 Billionon July 1, 2022 at 10:53 pm
Second-quarter profit was boosted by the highest prices for oil, gas and refined fuel products in years, as global supply trails demand.
- Kohl's Scraps Talks for Sale to Franchise Groupon July 1, 2022 at 8:44 pm
Kohl’s has called off its sale to Franchise Group amid rising interest rates and an uncertain retail environment.
- Port Labor Talks Enter New, High-Stakes Phase With Contract Expiringon July 1, 2022 at 8:29 pm
The contract governing West Coast dockworkers runs out late Friday. Some importers are already rerouting cargo away from the big trans-Pacific gateways amid fears of slowdowns and disruptions.
- GM Says Unfinished Cars to Hurt Quarterly Resultson July 1, 2022 at 8:22 pm
General Motors said it couldn’t deliver nearly 100,000 vehicles in the second quarter because it lacked computer chips and other parts, underscoring the supply-chain troubles that continue to plague the car business.
- U.S.-China Competition Zeroes In on Growthon July 1, 2022 at 7:11 pm
President Biden’s statement that U.S. gross domestic product might grow faster this year than China’s has struck a nerve in Beijing.
- Cooling Demand for Goods Threatens to Turn Pandemic Boom Into Buston July 1, 2022 at 6:24 pm
Surveys of manufacturers told a similar story whether the factory was in South Korea, Italy or the U.S.: Output is falling or is rising at a slower pace, driven by declines in new orders, and particularly those from overseas buyers.
- Airbus Wins First Major China Jet Order Since Before Pandemicon July 1, 2022 at 6:03 pm
China placed a large order on behalf of three of its biggest airlines for close to 300 jets from Airbus, the first major commitment from China to new planes since before the onset of the pandemic.
- Russia Takes Control of International LNG Projecton July 1, 2022 at 4:32 pm
The move is one of the most drastic responses by the Kremlin so far to the flight of Western companies from Russia in the wake of the country’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Burns Through Cash Reserveson July 1, 2022 at 4:26 pm
As it searches for a new CEO, the retailer is working with financial advisers and looking to sell Buybuy Baby.
- Eurozone Inflation Hits New High, Pressuring ECBon July 1, 2022 at 3:24 pm
Consumer prices were 8.6% higher than a year earlier, the highest since records began, adding pressure on policy makers to raise their key rate more aggressively.
See more …
Washington Post Washington Post News Feed
- Rare clouds that glow in the dark are the most vibrant in 15 yearsby Kasha Patel on July 1, 2022 at 11:28 pm
Sky watchers in Oregon, Washington, England and Canada have spotted "noctilucent clouds," the rarest on Earth
- Kenyan McDuffie to seek at-large D.C. council seat after failed AG bidby Michael Brice-Saddler on July 1, 2022 at 10:57 pm
Following his suspended his campaign for D.C. attorney general, McDuffie is switching his party affiliation to run as an independent at-large council member.
- Teen shot and killed in Southeast D.C.by Emily Davies, Peter Hermann on July 1, 2022 at 10:19 pm
The killing comes at a moment in D.C. where homicides are surging and the city is pouring resources into public safety.
- Police identify man fatally shot by officers at Va. shopping centerby Jasmine Hilton on July 1, 2022 at 9:58 pm
Police had been searching for Christian Parker, 37, since Sunday, in connection with an incident in which he was accused of firing a gun inside a home.
- Justice Dept. subpoenas two Arizona state senators in Jan. 6 probeby Yvonne Wingett Sanchez on July 1, 2022 at 8:15 pm
Senate President Karen Fann (R) and state Sen. Kelly Townsend (R) received subpoenas last week, according to a spokeswoman.
- Schulz calls out Democrats for bolstering her GOP opponentby Jenna Portnoy, Ovetta Wiggins on July 1, 2022 at 7:56 pm
Kelly Schulz, who is backed by Gov. Larry Hogan (R), said the Democratic Governors Association bought TV ads to bolster Del. Daniel L. Cox, R-Frederick, who has been endorsed by former President Donald Trump.
- PM Update: Severe storm watch into this evening, with more storms probable late Saturdayby Ian Livingston on July 1, 2022 at 7:24 pm
Damaging gusts are possible, in addition to heavy downpours and frequent lightning.
- Youngkin appoints Trump EPA chief to new post after failed Cabinet bidby Laura Vozzella on July 1, 2022 at 7:15 pm
Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin has appointed former Trump Environmental Protection Agency chief Andrew Wheeler to lead the newly created Office of Regulatory Management after failed Cabinet bid.
- After a tolerable June, D.C. may again avoid excessive heat in Julyby Matt Rogers on July 1, 2022 at 6:36 pm
June’s average temperature was lowest since 2009 with below-normal rainfall.
- How did cars on D.C. 295 stick to asphalt? The city investigates.by Julie Weil, Michael Laris on July 1, 2022 at 5:16 pm
About 20 cars were damaged when workers failed to protect cars from a sticky asphalt material.
See more …
Trending news in the United States
- Johnson & Johnson To Stop Selling Talc Baby Powder in US and Canada - Johnson & Johnson on Tuesday announced that it would stop selling its talc-based Johnson's Baby Powder in the United States and Canada, saying it was part of a broad reassessment of its consumer product portfolio prompted by the coronavirus pandemic. Johnson & Johnson is an American multinational…
- J. Crew Files For Bankruptcy Protection - J. Crew becomes the first national retail casualty of the coronavirus pandemic. The company said that it had made a deal with lenders to convert its debt into equity. The retailer expects to stay in business and emerge bankruptcy as…
- The Asian Murder Hornet Reaches N. America - Researchers in Washington State are on lookout for the invasive Asian murder hornet after the insect made its first appearance in the US. Washington state verified reports of the Asian giant hornet in two western cities. The Asian giant hornet…
- Dr. Fauci Testimony To US Congress Blocked – Aide - The White House has blocked top health official Dr. Anthony Fauci from testifying next week to a congressional committee that is examining the administration's response to the coronavirus pandemic. “We have been informed by an administration official that the White…
- NASCAR First Major Sport to Resume Events with May Races - With the COVID-19 pandemic putting an end to public gatherings around the country, NASCAR becomes the first major sport to resume events starting May 17. NASCAR announced on Thursday that it will hold seven races over 11 days at the…
- Drake Announces New Mixtape – Dark Lane Demo Tapes - Canadian Rapper Drake has revealed through his instagram that he has a new mixtape out. Titled "Dark Lane Demo Tapes", the project is made up of "the songs people have been asking for" and will include "some leaks and some…
- Congratulations! Anderson Cooper Welcomes Son – Wyatt Morgan Cooper - Anderson Cooper, the CNN anchor of the Anderson Cooper 360°, television personality and author, welcomes the birth of his son Wyatt Morgan Cooper on CNN. "It has been a difficult time in all of our lives, and there are certainly…
- What is Remdesivir? - Remdesivir - the experimental drug that FDA plans to authorize use on emergency cases for coronavirus. Remdesivir is an antiviral medication originally developed to treat Ebola virus. It is nucleotide analog, an adenosine analogue, which inserts into RNA chains destroying…