Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers in Dominica. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Dominican Newspapers currently in circulation.
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online The most popular news site in the Commonwealth of Dominica
- COMMENTARY: Pompeo’s final disrespect for the Caribbeanby Admin on January 17, 2021 at 3:10 am
As if Mike Pompeo hadn’t shown enough disrespect for the Caribbean during his turbid tenure as US Secretary of State, his final parting shot against Cuba was a bridge too far even for those Caribbean leaders who have dutifully adhered... The post COMMENTARY: Pompeo’s final disrespect for the Caribbean appeared first on Dominica News Online.
- IOM Dominica: Training individuals & repairing emergency shelters to strengthen community resilienceby Admin on January 15, 2021 at 3:12 pm
Thirty individuals from 26 communities received one-day training on Wednesday 13 January 2021 in conducting Initial Damage Assessments (IDA) in the aftermath of adverse events such as storms, earthquakes, landslides, fires and floods. The training was organized by the International... The post IOM Dominica: Training individuals & repairing […]
- Wesley farmer says his cultivated land was bulldozed without compensation; sufficient notice was given says Wesley MPby Admin on January 15, 2021 at 2:51 pm
Parliamentary Representative for the Wesley Constituency, Fidel Grant is dismissing claims that the farmers in the Joe Burton area in Wesley have been unceremoniously displaced to facilitate the construction of an International Airport. The Minister made the announcement on Wednesday.... The post Wesley farmer says his cultivated land was […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO apologizes for unscheduled service interruption in Kalinago Territoryby Admin on January 15, 2021 at 2:32 pm
DOWASCO apologizes to customers from Kalinago Territory for the unscheduled interruption to their water supply. This interruption is due to a fallen tree which damaged a supply pipeline. DOWASCO would like to advise customers that we are working to have... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO apologizes for unscheduled service interruption in Kalinago […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO scheduled service interruption from Morne Daniel to Beau Boisby Admin on January 15, 2021 at 2:20 pm
DOWASCO informs all its customers from Morne Daniel to Beau Bois (section by Courts) that their water supply will be interrupted from 7:00 p.m. on Friday, January 22, 2021 to 5:00 a.m. on Sunday, January 24, 2021. Please be advised... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO scheduled service interruption from Morne Daniel to Beau Bois appeared first on […]
- Former Police Commissioner, the late Ensley Pierre: an accomplished, conscientious and honourable manby Admin on January 15, 2021 at 1:23 pm
What can one say that has not already been said about the late Ensley Luke Pierre, a treasured and beloved husband, father, grandfather, humanitarian, humble, strict and firm. Well it is no surprise that those left to carry his legacy... The post Former Police Commissioner, the late Ensley Pierre: an accomplished, conscientious and honourable man […]
- WEATHER (6:00 AM, Jan 15): Cloudy conditions, scattered showers, next 24-48hrs, increased wind speeds by Saturdayby Admin on January 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm
A high pressure system is expected to remain dominant across the Lesser Antilles during the next 24 to 48 hours generating occasionally breezy conditions. Low level moisture within the wind flow is expected to generate mostly cloudy conditions with scattered... The post WEATHER (6:00 AM, Jan 15): Cloudy conditions, scattered showers, next […]
- Travellers from Dominica to benefit from grace period for mandatory pre-departure COVID test for arrivals into Englandby Admin on January 14, 2021 at 10:22 pm
People travelling from Dominica to England will benefit from a grace period which has been put in place following the introduction of mandatory pre-departure testing for all inbound passengers to England from Friday 15 January 2021. The Department for Transport... The post Travellers from Dominica to benefit from grace period for mandatory […]
- Dominica to receive COVID-19 vaccine by end of March 2021, PM Skerrit saysby Admin on January 14, 2021 at 4:21 pm
Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit says his government is confident that the COVID-19 vaccine will be made available to Dominica by the end of March this year. He made the announcement following a virtual CARICOM Heads of Government meeting which took... The post Dominica to receive COVID-19 vaccine by end of March 2021, PM Skerrit says appeared […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Romanian scholarships available to Dominicansby Admin on January 14, 2021 at 4:19 pm
The Embassy of Romania to the Republic of Cuba is inviting applications for scholarships from the citizens of Dominica to pursue undergraduate and graduate studies in Romania in all fields of study except medicine, dental medicine and pharmacy for the... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: Romanian scholarships available to Dominicans appeared first on […]
Visit Website …
Experience Dominica – The Nature Island: Dominica Vacations | Exotic Vacations | Honeymoon Destination Dominica weekly is a personal weblog about the nature island of Dominica.
- Who Were The First Inhabitants of Dominica? It’s Not The Arawaks!by Anonymous Gourmand on April 28, 2020 at 4:20 am
Most people might think that Dominica’s first inhabitants were the Arawaks, and then came the Caribs or Kalinagos as they’re known today. But the truth of the fact — the Ortorids were the first inhabitants of Dominica. They traveled up the island chain from South American around 3100 B.C and lived on the island up
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN DOMINICAby Chris on August 16, 2019 at 8:34 am
See why Dominica is fast becoming this Youtuber most favorite country in the Caribbean.
- 40-IN-40 Dominica: Tell Your Stories and Win the Tickets to WCMF!by Veselo on September 22, 2018 at 12:37 am
40-In-40 is a social media campaign created by Anichi Development to illicit civic pride in Dominicans, while demonstrating to the greater world the island’s tourism and investment potential. In the forty days leading up to Dominica’s 40th independence anniversary, the campaign will populate social media with visual stories depicting the […]
- Fort Young Hotel Reopensby Chris on February 20, 2018 at 1:56 am
The fort Young Hotel has partially reopened. Yet another positive step for Dominica tourism. The first phase of renovations and expansion has completed. 41 of its 72 rooms available and its core amenities – e.g. pool, the waterfront Warner’s Bar, and meeting facilities. Also fully operational are the food/bar services including diving […]
- Aerial View of Dominica’s Indian River And Portsmouthby Guest on February 20, 2018 at 1:09 am
- How It Feels Like Driving Through Roseau After Hurricane Mariaby Chris on February 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm
See how it feels like driving through the streets of Roseau – 4 months after the passage of hurricane Maria. Slowly, things are getting back to normal.Dominica Strong!!!
- Discover The Syndicate Nature Trailby Chris on August 16, 2016 at 10:52 am
The Syndicate Nature Trail is a short land and river hike that passes through parrot habitats to a lovely waterfall. It takes under an hour each way; it is easy and the river crossings are shallow. Stroll around the Syndicate Nature Trail and you have a lovely day out, enjoying the forests and birdlife of
- Don’t Think, Just Go Dominica!by Chris on August 15, 2016 at 9:01 am
Don’t think. Get out of that comfort zone. Stop planning and Just go Dominica. Take the Middleham Falls plunge if you dare. 😯
- Discover Dominica In 4Kby Chris on August 12, 2016 at 12:27 pm
Just when you thought that Dominica couldn’t look better on video. Well, you were wrong. Introducing Dominica in 4K or commonly knows as UHD (Ultra-High Definition). If you are like me and have no clue what recording in “4k” is. In a nutshell, it refers to a display device or content having a horizontal resolution
- Enjoying A Picture–perfect Dominica Sunsetby Chris on August 11, 2016 at 10:29 am
Yesterday ended with one of the most picture-perfect sunsets I have seen in a while. I was driving home when I just had to stop and try to get a shot of this tranquil sunset. But the only way I could capture the moment was with my Samsung Galaxy s3 cell phone. Surprisingly, the pictures
Visit Website …
TDN News events from Dominica and the rest of the world
- Relationship between Dominica and T@T solid says PM Skerriton April 3, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Dominica’s prime minister Roosevelt Skerrit is reporting that the relationship between Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago remains “solid.”
- T&T’s vote against Dominica sparks outrage with calls for firing of foreign ministeron March 29, 2018 at 10:52 am
Trinidad and Tobago’s decision to vote against Dominica’s appeal to the Organization of American States (OAS) for a two year waiver on its fees owed to the institution has met with outrage, disbelief and disgust within the country.
- Rare endangered parrots illegally smuggled from Dominicaon March 19, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Dominica is reeling from the news that its rare and exotic parrots have been illegally smuggled out of the country with the assistance of government workers.
- Male birth control pill found to be effective and safe to useon March 19, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Scientific investigators at the University of Washington Medical Centre have successfully tested a contraceptive pill for men.
- Dominica born attorney Garvin Ambrose sworn in to the bar of the US Supreme Courton March 8, 2018 at 10:35 am
On February 28, 2018, Dominican born attorney, Garvin Gauss Ambrose was sworn in as a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
- T-20 cricket game at Lord’s to raise funds for Windsor Park Stadium repairon February 15, 2018 at 11:00 am
The International Cricket Council (ICC) have granted international status to a charity game between world T20 Champions West Indies versus a Rest of the World XI in a match at Lord’s in England to raise funds for Caribbean cricket grounds damaged by two recent hurricanes
- Three CARICOM countries scheduled to hold General Elections in 2018on February 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
The CARICOM countries of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados and Grenada are scheduled to hold general elections during 2018. While only the date for Grenada has been set
- Dominica welcomes its first cruise ship since Mariaon February 2, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Just over four months after Hurricane Maria with winds in excess of 180 miles an hour ravaged Dominica the country welcomed its first cruise ship visitors.
- Dominica’s prime minister scrambles to set up a Parliament approved post Maria consultative bodyon January 19, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Dominica’s prime minister, Roosevelt Skerrit has announced the pending formation of a bi-partisan post Maria consultative body to be approved by the country’s parliament
- Greater priority must be given to the Outsourcing Sector in the Caribbeanon January 15, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Given the existing contribution of the outsourcing sector to job creation in the Caribbean region, coupled with its potential for expansion, calls are being made for greater levels of priority to be given to the outsourcing sector
Visit Website …