Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers in Dominica. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Dominican Newspapers currently in circulation.
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online The most popular news site in the Commonwealth of Dominica
- OECS raises 4.9 M in-kind and cash support for St. Vincent and the Grenadinesby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 8:17 pm
Stronger Together Campaign Delivers $355,536.78 in Cash The Organisation of the Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) Commission is honoured to fulfill its commitment to providing relief and recovery resources to St. Vincent and the Grenadines following the devastation and displacement caused... The post OECS raises 4.9 M in-kind and cash support for […]
- United States donates a further US$2.5 Million to CARICOM for COVID-19 responseby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Building on the strong partnership with the Caribbean Community (CARICOM), the United States -through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) – announced $2.5 million in urgent COVID-19 assistance for countries in the Eastern Caribbean region, The Bahamas, Guyana,... The post United States donates a further US$2.5 Million […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO office in Chance, Portsmouth is reopened for businessby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Dowasco informs customers that its customers in Chance, Portsmouth is reopened for normal business. Dowasco thanks customers and the general public for their understanding. The post ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO office in Chance, Portsmouth is reopened for business appeared first on Dominica News Online.
- Health authorities say newly-commissioned MRI to serve Dominica and CARICOM countriesby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 5:28 pm
The Dominica-China Friendship Hospital (DCFH) has now commissioned its MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) service to meet the needs of not only Dominicans, but CARICOM countries and beyond. Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dominica-China Friendship Hospital, Dr. Dexter James who... The post Health authorities say newly-commissioned MRI to serve […]
- ‘Sweet Dominica’ – Art Richards’ musical tribute to the nature isleby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 3:17 pm
Released just in time for the height of the 2021 Independence celebrations, “Sweet Dominica” is a groovy, Reggae sing-along by US-based artist, Art Richards who wrote the song as a tribute to the land of his birth. Richards, a bass player... The post ‘Sweet Dominica’ – Art Richards’ musical tribute to the nature isle appeared first […]
- NCCU celebrates International Credit Union Day with a difference amidst Covid-19 pandemicby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 3:03 pm
With the recent upsurge in Covid-19 cases it was thought that one of the most exciting times in Credit Union life would go uncelebrated. Determined to celebrate the week that is set aside as Credit Union Week despite the hindrances... The post NCCU celebrates International Credit Union Day with a difference amidst Covid-19 pandemic appeared first […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO scheduled service interruption in Soufriere and Scotts Headby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 11:00 am
DOWASCO informs residents of Soufriere and Scotts Head that their water supply will be interrupted on Tuesday October 26, 2021 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. This interruption is necessary to facilitate main connections to the newly... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO scheduled service interruption in Soufriere and Scotts Head appeared […]
- VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Junior actuarial analystby Admin on October 25, 2021 at 10:00 am
JUNIOR ACTUARIAL ANALYST The Dominica Social Security invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Junior Actuarial Analyst. The purpose of this job is to provide support to the Manager Actuarial Services & MIS in the... The post VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Junior actuarial analyst appeared first on Dominica […]
- Family to seek court’s permission to view body of family member who succumbed to Covid-19by Admin on October 25, 2021 at 3:29 am
The High court on Monday October 25, 2021, will make the final determination on whether a family has the right to view the body of a loved one who died from Covid-19. In the interim, an injunction has been granted... The post Family to seek court’s permission to view body of family member who succumbed to Covid-19 appeared first on Dominica News […]
- Thank You! With Deepest Gratitude – A New Book by Michael Floissacby Admin on October 24, 2021 at 5:55 pm
According to the Oxford Languages Dictionary, gratitude is defined as the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness. To create a cycle of gratitude in order to reap the benefits of its positive impact,... The post Thank You! With Deepest Gratitude – A New Book by Michael Floissac appeared first on […]
Visit Website …
Experience Dominica – The Nature Island: Dominica Vacations | Exotic Vacations | Honeymoon Destination Dominica weekly is a personal weblog about the nature island of Dominica.
- Caribbean Artists And TikTok Influencers Join Forces To Communicate Hurricane Seasonby Guest on June 30, 2021 at 11:06 am
Caribbean Artists And TikTok Influencers Join Forces To Communicate Hurricane Season TikTok Influencers, top West Indian cricketers and music stars are joining arms as the new “Disaster Fighters,” a team of influential figures, to disseminate informational messages on fighting the impact of hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, COVID-19 and other […]
- Who Were The First Inhabitants of Dominica? It’s Not The Arawaks!by Anonymous Gourmand on April 28, 2020 at 4:20 am
Most people might think that Dominica’s first inhabitants were the Arawaks, and then came the Caribs or Kalinagos as they’re known today. But the truth of the fact — the Ortorids were the first inhabitants of Dominica. They traveled up the island chain from South American around 3100 B.C and lived on the island up
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN DOMINICAby Chris on August 16, 2019 at 8:34 am
See why Dominica is fast becoming this Youtuber most favorite country in the Caribbean.
- 40-IN-40 Dominica: Tell Your Stories and Win the Tickets to WCMF!by Veselo on September 22, 2018 at 12:37 am
40-In-40 is a social media campaign created by Anichi Development to illicit civic pride in Dominicans, while demonstrating to the greater world the island’s tourism and investment potential. In the forty days leading up to Dominica’s 40th independence anniversary, the campaign will populate social media with visual stories depicting the […]
- Fort Young Hotel Reopensby Chris on February 20, 2018 at 1:56 am
The fort Young Hotel has partially reopened. Yet another positive step for Dominica tourism. The first phase of renovations and expansion has completed. 41 of its 72 rooms available and its core amenities – e.g. pool, the waterfront Warner’s Bar, and meeting facilities. Also fully operational are the food/bar services including diving […]
- Aerial View of Dominica’s Indian River And Portsmouthby Guest on February 20, 2018 at 1:09 am
- How It Feels Like Driving Through Roseau After Hurricane Mariaby Chris on February 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm
See how it feels like driving through the streets of Roseau – 4 months after the passage of hurricane Maria. Slowly, things are getting back to normal.Dominica Strong!!!
- Discover The Syndicate Nature Trailby Chris on August 16, 2016 at 10:52 am
The Syndicate Nature Trail is a short land and river hike that passes through parrot habitats to a lovely waterfall. It takes under an hour each way; it is easy and the river crossings are shallow. Stroll around the Syndicate Nature Trail and you have a lovely day out, enjoying the forests and birdlife of
- Don’t Think, Just Go Dominica!by Chris on August 15, 2016 at 9:01 am
Don’t think. Get out of that comfort zone. Stop planning and Just go Dominica. Take the Middleham Falls plunge if you dare. 😯
- Discover Dominica In 4Kby Chris on August 12, 2016 at 12:27 pm
Just when you thought that Dominica couldn’t look better on video. Well, you were wrong. Introducing Dominica in 4K or commonly knows as UHD (Ultra-High Definition). If you are like me and have no clue what recording in “4k” is. In a nutshell, it refers to a display device or content having a horizontal resolution
Visit Website …
TDN News events from Dominica and the rest of the world
- Relationship between Dominica and T@T solid says PM Skerriton April 3, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Dominica’s prime minister Roosevelt Skerrit is reporting that the relationship between Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago remains “solid.”
- T&T’s vote against Dominica sparks outrage with calls for firing of foreign ministeron March 29, 2018 at 10:52 am
Trinidad and Tobago’s decision to vote against Dominica’s appeal to the Organization of American States (OAS) for a two year waiver on its fees owed to the institution has met with outrage, disbelief and disgust within the country.
- Rare endangered parrots illegally smuggled from Dominicaon March 19, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Dominica is reeling from the news that its rare and exotic parrots have been illegally smuggled out of the country with the assistance of government workers.
- Male birth control pill found to be effective and safe to useon March 19, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Scientific investigators at the University of Washington Medical Centre have successfully tested a contraceptive pill for men.
- Dominica born attorney Garvin Ambrose sworn in to the bar of the US Supreme Courton March 8, 2018 at 10:35 am
On February 28, 2018, Dominican born attorney, Garvin Gauss Ambrose was sworn in as a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
- T-20 cricket game at Lord’s to raise funds for Windsor Park Stadium repairon February 15, 2018 at 11:00 am
The International Cricket Council (ICC) have granted international status to a charity game between world T20 Champions West Indies versus a Rest of the World XI in a match at Lord’s in England to raise funds for Caribbean cricket grounds damaged by two recent hurricanes
- Three CARICOM countries scheduled to hold General Elections in 2018on February 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
The CARICOM countries of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados and Grenada are scheduled to hold general elections during 2018. While only the date for Grenada has been set
- Dominica welcomes its first cruise ship since Mariaon February 2, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Just over four months after Hurricane Maria with winds in excess of 180 miles an hour ravaged Dominica the country welcomed its first cruise ship visitors.
- Dominica’s prime minister scrambles to set up a Parliament approved post Maria consultative bodyon January 19, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Dominica’s prime minister, Roosevelt Skerrit has announced the pending formation of a bi-partisan post Maria consultative body to be approved by the country’s parliament
- Greater priority must be given to the Outsourcing Sector in the Caribbeanon January 15, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Given the existing contribution of the outsourcing sector to job creation in the Caribbean region, coupled with its potential for expansion, calls are being made for greater levels of priority to be given to the outsourcing sector
Visit Website …