Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers in Dominica. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Dominican Newspapers currently in circulation.
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online The most popular news site in the Commonwealth of Dominica
- LIVE (10:00p.m.): Holy Saturday Easter Vigil from the Cathedral Chapelby Admin on April 16, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Dominica News Online (DNO) is pleased to bring you live coverage of Holy Saturday Easter Vigil The mass begins at 10:00 p.m. The post LIVE (10:00p.m.): Holy Saturday Easter Vigil from the Cathedral Chapel appeared first on Dominica News Online.
- Easter Sunday Enchanted Garden Preview to be held as teaser to Giraudel National Flowerby Admin on April 16, 2022 at 2:38 pm
On this Easter Sunday April 17, 2022 the Flower Show Site, in Giraudel will be bursting with colour and excitement as the Morne Anglais Tourism Group stages the Easter Sunday Enchanted Garden Preview. The Preview is expected to feature the... The post Easter Sunday Enchanted Garden Preview to be held as teaser to Giraudel National Flower […]
- Trio charged with murder of Dominican in Antiguaby Admin on April 15, 2022 at 4:26 pm
Police in Antigua and Barbuda have charged three men for the murder of Dominica-born Authur James. In October last year, the family of James filed a missing person report after he had gone missing. James was last seen some time... The post Trio charged with murder of Dominican in Antigua appeared first on Dominica News Online.
- Good Friday: Passion of the Christby Admin on April 15, 2022 at 4:05 pm
“Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought... The post Good Friday: Passion of the Christ appeared first on Dominica News Online.
- Athie Martin says he was not arrested, but will soon be charged for executing peaceful walkby Admin on April 14, 2022 at 7:21 pm
Contrary to ongoing reports that Dominican agronomist, environmentalist and social activist, Atherton “Athie” Martin has been arrested for organizing and executing a peaceful walk for ‘Peace, Justice and Prosperity despite a police warning, Martin says he is a free man,... The post Athie Martin says he was not arrested, but will soon be […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: Request for expressions of interest to provide audit servicesby Admin on April 14, 2022 at 5:41 pm
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified professional firms to provide audit services for the Dominica Electricity Services Limited to commence from the year ending December 31, 2022. Dominica Electricity Services Limited (the Company) was incorporated as a public... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: Request for expressions of interest to […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: DOMLEC employment opportunity – Internal Auditorby Admin on April 14, 2022 at 5:01 pm
DOMINICA ELECTRICITY SERVICES LIMITED EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DOMLEC requires for employment an individual to fill the position of Internal Auditor. Job Summary The Internal Auditor is responsible for the examination and evaluation of the adequacy, effectiveness, and... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: DOMLEC employment opportunity – Internal […]
- WaiTuFit360 to hold major sporting event on Easter Sundayby Admin on April 14, 2022 at 4:00 pm
WaiTuFit360, a health and fitness club which was recently launched in Dominica will host its first major sporting event on Easter Sunday with the aim of bringing families together. President of the WaiTuFit360, Kimara Matthew told Dominica News Online (DNO)... The post WaiTuFit360 to hold major sporting event on Easter Sunday appeared first on […]
- April is Fitness Month in Dominica: Dominicans, visitors encouraged to participateby Admin on April 14, 2022 at 2:02 pm
2022 has been designated by the Government of Dominica as the Year of Health of Wellness. As part of activities for the Year of Health and Wellness, April has been designated as Fitness Month and several activities have been planned. “These... The post April is Fitness Month in Dominica: Dominicans, visitors encouraged to participate appeared […]
- Concerns raised over the safety of road rehabilitation works being undertaken on Dominica’s east coastby Admin on April 13, 2022 at 7:06 pm
President of the Tipper Truckers Association of Dominica (TTAD) and former chairman of the Atkinson Village Council, Anton Laville, is expressing safety concerns over how the road banks are being cut in the area. The Government of Dominica, through the... The post Concerns raised over the safety of road rehabilitation works being undertaken on […]
Visit Website …
Dominica News Weekly Dominica News And From Around The Caribbean
- Why Using Cryptocurrency As Legal Cash Might Be Disastrous For The Caribbean’s Economy.by Anonymous Gourmand on June 17, 2022 at 5:56 pm
Latin America and the Caribbean are quickly becoming popular destinations for crypto developers looking to get their digital currencies accepted as legal cash. According to rumors, the creators of certain popular digital currencies are looking for a suitable location where their cryptos may be legally recognized in debt settlement. In other words, […]
- Caribbean Artists And TikTok Influencers Join Forces To Communicate Hurricane Seasonby Guest on June 30, 2021 at 11:06 am
Caribbean Artists And TikTok Influencers Join Forces To Communicate Hurricane Season TikTok Influencers, top West Indian cricketers and music stars are joining arms as the new “Disaster Fighters,” a team of influential figures, to disseminate informational messages on fighting the impact of hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, COVID-19 and other […]
- Who Were The First Inhabitants of Dominica? It’s Not The Arawaks!by Anonymous Gourmand on April 28, 2020 at 4:20 am
Most people might think that Dominica’s first inhabitants were the Arawaks, and then came the Caribs or Kalinagos as they’re known today. But the truth of the fact — the Ortorids were the first inhabitants of Dominica. They traveled up the island chain from South American around 3100 B.C and lived on the island up The post Who Were The […]
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN DOMINICAby Chris on August 16, 2019 at 8:34 am
See why Dominica is fast becoming this Youtuber most favorite country in the Caribbean. The post THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN DOMINICA first appeared on Dominica News Weekly.
- 40-IN-40 Dominica: Tell Your Stories and Win the Tickets to WCMF!by Veselo on September 22, 2018 at 12:37 am
40-In-40 is a social media campaign created by Anichi Development to illicit civic pride in Dominicans, while demonstrating to the greater world the island’s tourism and investment potential. In the forty days leading up to Dominica’s 40th independence anniversary, the campaign will populate social media with visual stories depicting the […]
- Fort Young Hotel Reopensby Chris on February 20, 2018 at 1:56 am
The fort Young Hotel has partially reopened. Yet another positive step for Dominica tourism. The first phase of renovations and expansion has completed. 41 of its 72 rooms available and its core amenities – e.g. pool, the waterfront Warner’s Bar, and meeting facilities. Also fully operational are the food/bar services including diving […]
- Aerial View of Dominica’s Indian River And Portsmouthby Guest on February 20, 2018 at 1:09 am
The post Aerial View of Dominica’s Indian River And Portsmouth first appeared on Dominica News Weekly.
- How It Feels Like Driving Through Roseau After Hurricane Mariaby Chris on February 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm
See how it feels like driving through the streets of Roseau – 4 months after the passage of hurricane Maria. Slowly, things are getting back to normal.Dominica Strong!!! The post How It Feels Like Driving Through Roseau After Hurricane Maria first appeared on Dominica News Weekly.
- Discover The Syndicate Nature Trailby Chris on August 16, 2016 at 10:52 am
The Syndicate Nature Trail is a short land and river hike that passes through parrot habitats to a lovely waterfall. It takes under an hour each way; it is easy and the river crossings are shallow. Stroll around the Syndicate Nature Trail and you have a lovely day out, enjoying the forests and birdlife of The post Discover The Syndicate Nature […]
- Don’t Think, Just Go Dominica!by Chris on August 15, 2016 at 9:01 am
Don’t think. Get out of that comfort zone. Stop planning and Just go Dominica. Take the Middleham Falls plunge if you dare. 😯 The post Don’t Think, Just Go Dominica! first appeared on Dominica News Weekly.
Visit Website …
TDN News events from Dominica and the rest of the world
- Relationship between Dominica and T@T solid says PM Skerriton April 3, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Dominica’s prime minister Roosevelt Skerrit is reporting that the relationship between Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago remains “solid.”
- T&T’s vote against Dominica sparks outrage with calls for firing of foreign ministeron March 29, 2018 at 10:52 am
Trinidad and Tobago’s decision to vote against Dominica’s appeal to the Organization of American States (OAS) for a two year waiver on its fees owed to the institution has met with outrage, disbelief and disgust within the country.
- Rare endangered parrots illegally smuggled from Dominicaon March 19, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Dominica is reeling from the news that its rare and exotic parrots have been illegally smuggled out of the country with the assistance of government workers.
- Male birth control pill found to be effective and safe to useon March 19, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Scientific investigators at the University of Washington Medical Centre have successfully tested a contraceptive pill for men.
- Dominica born attorney Garvin Ambrose sworn in to the bar of the US Supreme Courton March 8, 2018 at 10:35 am
On February 28, 2018, Dominican born attorney, Garvin Gauss Ambrose was sworn in as a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
- T-20 cricket game at Lord’s to raise funds for Windsor Park Stadium repairon February 15, 2018 at 11:00 am
The International Cricket Council (ICC) have granted international status to a charity game between world T20 Champions West Indies versus a Rest of the World XI in a match at Lord’s in England to raise funds for Caribbean cricket grounds damaged by two recent hurricanes
- Three CARICOM countries scheduled to hold General Elections in 2018on February 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
The CARICOM countries of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados and Grenada are scheduled to hold general elections during 2018. While only the date for Grenada has been set
- Dominica welcomes its first cruise ship since Mariaon February 2, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Just over four months after Hurricane Maria with winds in excess of 180 miles an hour ravaged Dominica the country welcomed its first cruise ship visitors.
- Dominica’s prime minister scrambles to set up a Parliament approved post Maria consultative bodyon January 19, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Dominica’s prime minister, Roosevelt Skerrit has announced the pending formation of a bi-partisan post Maria consultative body to be approved by the country’s parliament
- Greater priority must be given to the Outsourcing Sector in the Caribbeanon January 15, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Given the existing contribution of the outsourcing sector to job creation in the Caribbean region, coupled with its potential for expansion, calls are being made for greater levels of priority to be given to the outsourcing sector
Visit Website …