Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers in Dominica. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Dominican Newspapers currently in circulation.
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online
Dominica News Online The most popular news site in the Commonwealth of Dominica
- UNDP actions a 3-phased approach to volcano relief efforts for St. Vincent and the Grenadinesby Admin on April 17, 2021 at 1:55 pm
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean has coordinated a three-phased approach to the relief efforts in St. Vincent and the Grenadines in the wake of the violent volcanic eruptions of the La Soufrière Volcano. Following the... The post UNDP actions a 3-phased approach to volcano relief efforts for St. […]
- DLP members to appear before magistrate on May 13 on treating chargesby Admin on April 16, 2021 at 6:57 pm
A controversial and long standing election treating matter against Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit and other Dominica Labour Party (DLP) elected members regarding the 2014 general elections, will go before a magistrate on Thursday May 13, 2021. Chief Magistrate Candia Carrette-George... The post DLP members to appear before magistrate on May 13 […]
- Cruise village for Dominica still on the cardsby Admin on April 16, 2021 at 6:35 pm
The construction of a cruise village is still on the cards for Dominica. In confirming that intent recently as a guest on Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit weekly talk show, Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Tourism, International Transport and Maritime... The post Cruise village for Dominica still on the cards appeared first on Dominica […]
- UNDP helping to build resilient livelihoods in the Kalinago Territoryby Admin on April 16, 2021 at 4:27 pm
The UNDP Project Office in Dominica has launched a new project in the Kalinago Territory, with an opening ceremony at the Kalinago Barana Autê. Strengthening Sustainable Livelihoods and Resilience in the Kalinago Territory officially started in February 2021 and will... The post UNDP helping to build resilient livelihoods in the Kalinago […]
- Statement on Fourteenth Special Meeting of CARICOM Conference of Heads of Governmentby Admin on April 16, 2021 at 2:37 pm
Heads of Government of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) met in Special Emergency session on Thursday 15 April to discuss the situation in St Vincent and the Grenadines caused by the on-going volcanic eruptions of La Soufriere. They committed to continue... The post Statement on Fourteenth Special Meeting of CARICOM Conference of Heads of […]
- LIVE FREE OR DIE: Dr. Thomson Fontaine’s History Book – The Maroons of Dominica -1764-1818by Admin on April 16, 2021 at 1:58 pm
They [i.e., the Maroons] have taken different positions in this mountainous strong country, have formed separate encampments and elected chiefs; and from thence send out small parties, who have attacked the estates drove away the cattle, and done every mischief... The post LIVE FREE OR DIE: Dr. Thomson Fontaine’s History Book – The Maroons of […]
- Dominican animal feed company launches first hatcheryby Admin on April 16, 2021 at 12:13 pm
CariFeed Inc., a Dominica registered animal feed company, has officially launched its very first hatchery on the island. The hatchery, situated in Salisbury, is expected to benefit residents of that community and the rest of the island. “We started this... The post Dominican animal feed company launches first hatchery appeared first on Dominica […]
- Magistrate deems attack on mentally ill Grand Bay man inhumane; recuses himselfby Admin on April 16, 2021 at 12:06 pm
Magistrate Michael Laudat has recused himself from a court matter to do with an attack on a mentally ill Grand Bay man describing the action as inhumane. The Magistrate adjourned sentencing for the offender who pleaded guilty to the assault.... The post Magistrate deems attack on mentally ill Grand Bay man inhumane; recuses himself appeared […]
- ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO scheduled service interruption on Kennedy Avenueby Admin on April 15, 2021 at 8:44 pm
DOWASCO informs customers from Kennedy Avenue (Between Digicel and First Caribbean Bank) that their water supply will be interrupted today Thursday April 15, 2021 from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. for the purpose of carrying out emergency pipeline repair. DOWASCO... The post ANNOUNCEMENT: DOWASCO scheduled service interruption on Kennedy Avenue appeared […]
- BUSINESS BYTE: Cable & Wireless Communications stands with the people of St. Vincent and the Grenadinesby Admin on April 15, 2021 at 8:28 pm
In the immediate aftermath of the first major eruption of La Soufrière, Cable & Wireless Communications activated its emergency teams on the ground in St. Vincent and across the region to quickly respond to the needs of employees, their families,... The post BUSINESS BYTE: Cable & Wireless Communications stands with the people of St. […]
Visit Website …
Experience Dominica – The Nature Island: Dominica Vacations | Exotic Vacations | Honeymoon Destination Dominica weekly is a personal weblog about the nature island of Dominica.
- Who Were The First Inhabitants of Dominica? It’s Not The Arawaks!by Anonymous Gourmand on April 28, 2020 at 4:20 am
Most people might think that Dominica’s first inhabitants were the Arawaks, and then came the Caribs or Kalinagos as they’re known today. But the truth of the fact — the Ortorids were the first inhabitants of Dominica. They traveled up the island chain from South American around 3100 B.C and lived on the island up
- THE BEST THINGS TO DO IN DOMINICAby Chris on August 16, 2019 at 8:34 am
See why Dominica is fast becoming this Youtuber most favorite country in the Caribbean.
- 40-IN-40 Dominica: Tell Your Stories and Win the Tickets to WCMF!by Veselo on September 22, 2018 at 12:37 am
40-In-40 is a social media campaign created by Anichi Development to illicit civic pride in Dominicans, while demonstrating to the greater world the island’s tourism and investment potential. In the forty days leading up to Dominica’s 40th independence anniversary, the campaign will populate social media with visual stories depicting the […]
- Fort Young Hotel Reopensby Chris on February 20, 2018 at 1:56 am
The fort Young Hotel has partially reopened. Yet another positive step for Dominica tourism. The first phase of renovations and expansion has completed. 41 of its 72 rooms available and its core amenities – e.g. pool, the waterfront Warner’s Bar, and meeting facilities. Also fully operational are the food/bar services including diving […]
- Aerial View of Dominica’s Indian River And Portsmouthby Guest on February 20, 2018 at 1:09 am
- How It Feels Like Driving Through Roseau After Hurricane Mariaby Chris on February 4, 2018 at 9:05 pm
See how it feels like driving through the streets of Roseau – 4 months after the passage of hurricane Maria. Slowly, things are getting back to normal.Dominica Strong!!!
- Discover The Syndicate Nature Trailby Chris on August 16, 2016 at 10:52 am
The Syndicate Nature Trail is a short land and river hike that passes through parrot habitats to a lovely waterfall. It takes under an hour each way; it is easy and the river crossings are shallow. Stroll around the Syndicate Nature Trail and you have a lovely day out, enjoying the forests and birdlife of
- Don’t Think, Just Go Dominica!by Chris on August 15, 2016 at 9:01 am
Don’t think. Get out of that comfort zone. Stop planning and Just go Dominica. Take the Middleham Falls plunge if you dare. 😯
- Discover Dominica In 4Kby Chris on August 12, 2016 at 12:27 pm
Just when you thought that Dominica couldn’t look better on video. Well, you were wrong. Introducing Dominica in 4K or commonly knows as UHD (Ultra-High Definition). If you are like me and have no clue what recording in “4k” is. In a nutshell, it refers to a display device or content having a horizontal resolution
- Enjoying A Picture–perfect Dominica Sunsetby Chris on August 11, 2016 at 10:29 am
Yesterday ended with one of the most picture-perfect sunsets I have seen in a while. I was driving home when I just had to stop and try to get a shot of this tranquil sunset. But the only way I could capture the moment was with my Samsung Galaxy s3 cell phone. Surprisingly, the pictures
Visit Website …
TDN News events from Dominica and the rest of the world
- Relationship between Dominica and T@T solid says PM Skerriton April 3, 2018 at 10:10 pm
Dominica’s prime minister Roosevelt Skerrit is reporting that the relationship between Dominica and Trinidad and Tobago remains “solid.”
- T&T’s vote against Dominica sparks outrage with calls for firing of foreign ministeron March 29, 2018 at 10:52 am
Trinidad and Tobago’s decision to vote against Dominica’s appeal to the Organization of American States (OAS) for a two year waiver on its fees owed to the institution has met with outrage, disbelief and disgust within the country.
- Rare endangered parrots illegally smuggled from Dominicaon March 19, 2018 at 9:19 pm
Dominica is reeling from the news that its rare and exotic parrots have been illegally smuggled out of the country with the assistance of government workers.
- Male birth control pill found to be effective and safe to useon March 19, 2018 at 7:17 pm
Scientific investigators at the University of Washington Medical Centre have successfully tested a contraceptive pill for men.
- Dominica born attorney Garvin Ambrose sworn in to the bar of the US Supreme Courton March 8, 2018 at 10:35 am
On February 28, 2018, Dominican born attorney, Garvin Gauss Ambrose was sworn in as a member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the United States in Washington, D.C.
- T-20 cricket game at Lord’s to raise funds for Windsor Park Stadium repairon February 15, 2018 at 11:00 am
The International Cricket Council (ICC) have granted international status to a charity game between world T20 Champions West Indies versus a Rest of the World XI in a match at Lord’s in England to raise funds for Caribbean cricket grounds damaged by two recent hurricanes
- Three CARICOM countries scheduled to hold General Elections in 2018on February 14, 2018 at 2:34 pm
The CARICOM countries of Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados and Grenada are scheduled to hold general elections during 2018. While only the date for Grenada has been set
- Dominica welcomes its first cruise ship since Mariaon February 2, 2018 at 8:28 pm
Just over four months after Hurricane Maria with winds in excess of 180 miles an hour ravaged Dominica the country welcomed its first cruise ship visitors.
- Dominica’s prime minister scrambles to set up a Parliament approved post Maria consultative bodyon January 19, 2018 at 2:43 pm
Dominica’s prime minister, Roosevelt Skerrit has announced the pending formation of a bi-partisan post Maria consultative body to be approved by the country’s parliament
- Greater priority must be given to the Outsourcing Sector in the Caribbeanon January 15, 2018 at 2:36 pm
Given the existing contribution of the outsourcing sector to job creation in the Caribbean region, coupled with its potential for expansion, calls are being made for greater levels of priority to be given to the outsourcing sector
Visit Website …