Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers in Qatar. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Qatari Newspapers currently in circulation.
See more …
See more …
Doha News | Qatar Doha News has been covering breaking news, politics, business, culture and more in and around Qatar since 2009.
- Urgent calls to change mosque procedures as new rules cause chaotic congestionby Asmahan Qarjouli on April 17, 2021 at 10:48 am
Public criticism comes as Qatar faces an alarming surge in daily coronavirus cases as well as a spike in Covid-19 deaths. Qatar’s Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs [Awqaf] has faced backlash online for “chaotic” scenes outside mosques across the country that were triggered by its latest changes in safety measures. Footage believed to be […]
- Qatar’s ‘revolutionary’ show soon back on airby Asmahan Qarjouli on April 17, 2021 at 10:07 am
The show will air from the newly-inaugurated studio named after late Qatari journalist Jassim Abdulaziz. After a decade-long absence from Doha’s screens, Qatar Media Corporation announced the return of its ‘revolutionary’ show “The Decision is Yours” [Lakom Al Qarar] on Sunday, in an apparent move designed to pave the way for the […]
- African journalists urged to dismiss ‘lobbying attempts’ to boycott Qatar 2022by Asmahan Qarjouli on April 17, 2021 at 9:43 am
Several calls to boycott Qatar’s major sporting event have emerged in recent months, many of which citing an inaccurate report released by The Guardian. The Federation of African Journalists [FAJ] denounced attempts by several states to lure its members into calling for a boycott of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar, Nigerian newspaper […]
- We need to talk about eating disorders and Ramadanby Maha El Akoum on April 17, 2021 at 8:19 am
Fasting during the holy month of Ramadan is one of the five main pillars of Islam and while exemptions are in place for those with medical conditions, societal pressure means many go ahead with it despite the risks. The timings of meals as well as the amount of foods consumed typically change during this holy (The post We need to talk about […]
- What are ‘mystery flights’ and will they help the industry take off?by Marwan Elwaraki on April 16, 2021 at 8:20 am
Following a year of travel restrictions, airlines have started exploring ways to tap into our need for adventure. As our desire to travel anywhere increases, airlines have taken our demands literally by reintroducing mystery flights. These mystery flights have no known destination. Passengers book a ticket to an unknown place and only find out […]
- The Round Up 15 April 2021by Doha News Team on April 15, 2021 at 4:10 pm
Top stories on #TheRoundUp today: 💰Qatar provides businesses with support to weather pandemic 🦠Quarantine admissions double in March ✈️Exonerated Mumbai couple returns home 🏋️Best time to workout in Ramadan? (The post The Round Up 15 April 2021 is from Doha News | Qatar.)
- Pre or post iftar workouts? Fitness experts reveal allby Hala Abdallah on April 15, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Besides the many benefits of fasting, working out also has several advantages that will keep you in good shape while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The Islamic month of fasting has started with Muslims around the world abstaining from food or drink from sunrise till sunset for 30 consecutive days. Committing to a work out routine (The post Pre […]
- Iran’s nuclear enrichment ‘against the spirit of Vienna talks’by Asmahan Qarjouli on April 15, 2021 at 1:55 pm
Iran announced a decision to enrich uranium at 60% purity following the attack on the Natanz nuclear facility. European powers involved in the 2015 nuclear deal warned that Iran’s latest decision to pump its uranium enrichment is “contrary to the spirit” of the ongoing Vienna talks, Reuters reported on Wednesday. “Iran’s announcements […]
- Qatar provides free bread for thousands of displaced families in Syriaby Menatalla Ibrahim on April 15, 2021 at 12:42 pm
The organisation have helped thousands of vulnerable people around the world, with a specific focus on Syria and Palestine in recent years. Qatar Charity [QC] is providing free bread for thousands of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in northern Syria to ease some of their burdens during the holy month of Ramadan. This comes as part (The post […]
- Number of quarantine facility admissions double in Marchby Menatalla Ibrahim on April 15, 2021 at 8:56 am
Those who are not vaccinated and wish to return to Qatar have to quarantine for at least a week to ensure they are free from the virus. Almost 90,000 guests used quarantine facilities across the country in March alone, Discover Qatar announced, according to state-run Qatar News Agency. The figure is almost double the number (The post Number of […]
See more …
Gulf Times Lates news from Gulf Times
- Five killed as police fire at protesting workers in Bangladeshon April 18, 2021 at 1:25 am
At least five people were killed and dozens injured in Bangladesh yesterday after police opened fire on a crowd of workers protesting to demand unpaid wages and a pay rise at a Chinese-backed power plant, officials and police said.
- Giant clam shells worth nearly $25mn seized in Philippine raidon April 18, 2021 at 1:23 am
Philippine authorities said yesterday they have seized some 200 tonnes of illegally harvested giant clam shells worth nearly $25mn in one of the biggest known operations of its kind in the country.
- Myanmar junta leader set to join Asean summit next weekon April 18, 2021 at 1:19 am
Myanmar junta leader Min Aung Hlaing will join a special Asean summit next week, the Thai foreign ministry said yesterday, his first official trip since masterminding a coup which deposed civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Delhi warns of ‘grim’ Covid-19 battle as surge hits new recordon April 18, 2021 at 1:17 am
New Delhi reported a record 24,000 coronavirus cases in one day and its leader warned of a “grim” battle ahead yesterday as major cities across India went into a weekend lockdown in a bid to curtail a nationwide pandemic surge.
- Attacks in Iraq deepen security woes as global and local rivals clashon April 18, 2021 at 1:02 am
A series of attacks in Iraq this week illustrates the increasingly dangerous tangle of local and regional rivalries confronting the country’s security in an election year, Iraqi security and government officials say.
- Libya launches public Covid-19 vaccination campaignon April 18, 2021 at 1:00 am
Libya launched yesterday its coronavirus (Covid-19) vaccination campaign for the general population in Tripoli, with the elderly and healthcare workers given priority in the conflict-hit North African nation.
- Envoys to Iran nuclear talks hail ‘progress’ in Viennaon April 18, 2021 at 12:53 am
The EU, Russia and Iran hailed progress at nuclear talks yesterday as discussions resumed in Vienna following an attack on one of Tehran’s nuclear sites.
- Flowers and sunshine as public turn out to honour Philipon April 18, 2021 at 12:49 am
Early risers flocked to support Queen Elizabeth II ahead of her husband Prince Philip’s funeral yesterday, taking advantage of cloudless skies to honour him with flowers and tributes.
- Prince Philip is laid to reston April 18, 2021 at 12:44 am
Queen Elizabeth II bid farewell yesterday to her late husband, Prince Philip, at a royal funeral like no other, restricted by coronavirus (Covid-19) rules but reflecting his long life of military and public service.
- Bush, in op-ed and book, steps into US migration debateon April 18, 2021 at 12:34 am
Former president George W Bush has stepped into the US debate on immigration, saying migrants are “a force for good” and arguing for a gradual process to allow undocumented immigrants to earn legal status.
See more …
See more …