Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers in Qatar. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Qatari Newspapers currently in circulation.
See more …
See more …
Doha News Doha News has been covering breaking news, politics, business, culture and more in and around Qatar since 2009.
- The Round Up 21 Jan 2021by Doha News Team on January 21, 2021 at 5:17 pm
Top stories on today’s #TheRoundUp Majority of Qatar residents to stick to local produce Criticism over ‘slow paced’ vaccination campaign @Mowasalatqatar to vaccinate all drivers #UAE to resume flights to Doha (The post The Round Up 21 Jan 2021 is from Doha News.)
- Qatar’s leading EAA foundation launches #BuildBackEducation campaignby Menatalla Ibrahim on January 21, 2021 at 1:32 pm
The foundation calls upon everyone to raise awareness regarding the importance of education and help re-build it for millions of learners. Qatar’s leading Education Above All foundation launched a campaign to help re-build education sectors that were affected by the global health crisis. EAA’s #BuildBackEducation campaign aims to raise […]
- More than 500 surgeries conducted at Hamad’s Heart Hospital last yearby Menatalla Ibrahim on January 21, 2021 at 1:18 pm
Despite pandemic challenges, medical professionals at Hamad Medical Corporation [HMC] were able to save hundreds of lives last year. HMC’s Heart Hospital performed a total of 527 cardiac surgical procedures in 2020 despite pandemic challenges, the hospital announced, a stark increase from previous years. Several people underwent major cardiac […]
- Qatar condemns first major Baghdad attack since 2018by Asmahan Qarjouli on January 21, 2021 at 1:14 pm
More than a dozen civilians were killed in the twin suicide bombings and least 73 others wounded. Doha strongly condemned two consecutive deadly bombings that rocked a busy market in the Iraqi capital on Thursday that killed more than a dozen civilians. In a statement, the Gulf state said it firmly rejects violence and terrorism, (The post Qatar […]
- ‘Loyal to local’: Majority of Qatar residents to shun incoming GCC productsby Asmahan Qarjouli on January 21, 2021 at 10:56 am
Questions regarding local preferences for various products have emerged in recent weeks, as GCC member states prepare to resume trade. Residents of Qatar have grown accustomed to local produce, with an overwhelming majority suggesting they would stick to products made at home despite the resumption of trade with neighbouring Gulf states. […]
- Qatar to take on Denmark in handball world championshipby Hala Abdallah on January 21, 2021 at 10:09 am
Qatar’s national handball team will meet its Danish counterpart on Thursday in the 27th IHF Men’s World Championship in Cairo, Egypt. Asian champions Qatar will play against Olympic and world champions Denmark in their first match in the main round competitions of the 27th IHF Men’s World Championship on Thursday. The match will kick off […]
- Karwa frontline drivers to receive Covid-19 vaccineby Menatalla Ibrahim on January 21, 2021 at 9:19 am
The move is aimed to protect the community and ensure the safety of the workers. Mowasalat (Karwa) employees are now among those eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, the company announced. Frontline drivers designated to pick up arriving guests from Hamad International Airport [HIA] to quarantine hotels will be prioritised given their […]
- Qatar’s shrinking of Q3 economy ‘lowest in region’by Asmahan Qarjouli on January 21, 2021 at 7:55 am
The country’s Gross Domestic Product [GDP] is anticipated to reach $208 billion by 2024. Qatar’s GDP recorded a 4.5% shrink in the third quarter of 2020 in comparison to the same quarter of 2019, Qatar’s Planning and Statistics Authority reported on Wednesday. However, the GDP also recorded a 5.6% increase in comparison to Q2 of (The post […]
- Criticism over Qatar’s ‘slow paced’ vaccine campaignby Farah AlSharif on January 21, 2021 at 7:30 am
As Qatar’s vaccination campaign ensues, just over 17,000 jabs have been administered since the first batch arrived in December. More than 17,000 Covid-19 vaccinations have been given to residents and citizens of Qatar since the inoculation programme was rolled out last month, according to official figures. Some 15,577 vaccines were administered […]
- Etihad Airways, FlyDubai to resume Doha flightsby Hala Abdallah on January 21, 2021 at 7:15 am
Etihad Airways and FlyDubai say daily flights to Doha will resume operation, while Qatar Airways announces a relaunch of UAE flights in a few days. UAE-based airlines Etihad Airways and FlyDubai said passenger flights to Qatar will recommence after a three-year blockade that imposed stifling travel restrictions. Subject to government approval, […]
See more …
Gulf Times Lates news from Gulf Times
- Malta hails Qatar’s leading role in crisis resolutionon January 22, 2021 at 1:44 am
Malta’s Minister for Foreign Affairs and European Relations Evarist Bartolo highlighted yesterday the development of Qatari-Maltese ties in all fields,
- MFUA names Urdu literary award winnerson January 22, 2021 at 1:20 am
Prof Dr Shamim Hanfi, renowned Urdu critic and scholar from India, and Prof Dr Moinuddin Aqeel, eminent author and scholar of Urdu literature from Pakistan, have recently been named winners of the Silver Jubilee Aalmi Frogh-e-Urdu Adab Awards.
- Reversal a redemption after Trump’s Muslim ban damaged the USon January 22, 2021 at 1:03 am
As America closes the chapter on the Trump era, millions across the nation are breathing a collective sigh of relief.
- Five die in Covid vaccine plant blaze; production unaffectedon January 22, 2021 at 12:28 am
Five people died as a fire tore through a building in the world’s biggest vaccine manufacturing hub in India yesterday, but the company insisted that the production of drugs to counter the coronavirus pandemic would continue.
- PM: Religious scholars are vital for Pakistan’s futureon January 22, 2021 at 12:23 am
Prime Minister Imran Khan has called for continued co-operation of religious scholars to thwart the “conspiracies” creating division and discord in the Muslim Ummah.
- Biden unveils sweeping US Covid-19 planon January 22, 2021 at 12:19 am
US President Joe Biden moved swiftly yesterday on his first full day in the White House to fight the coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic, his top priority as he turns the page on four years of Donald Trump’s tumultuous leadership.
- QU, CNA-Q sign pact for education, researchon January 22, 2021 at 12:15 am
Qatar University (QU) has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q) for co-operation in the areas of education, training, programme development and research.
- Ahmed Bin Mohamed Military College celebrates Graduation Dayon January 22, 2021 at 12:13 am
Ahmed Bin Mohamed Military College celebrated yesterday the distribution of certificates to the 16th batch graduates.
- World title would be icing on Bayern’s cake: Flickon January 22, 2021 at 12:11 am
A win at the FIFA Club World Cup 2020 would see Hans-Dieter Flick and Bayern Munich make history by becoming only the second team after Barcelona (in 2009) to win all six domestic and international titles up for grabs in one season.
- With six months to go, cancellation fears cloud Tokyo Olympicson January 22, 2021 at 12:10 am
When the Tokyo Olympics were postponed last year, officials promised they would open in 2021 as proof of mankind’s triumph over the coronavirus.
See more …
See more …