Get the latest local news from Guyana Newspapers. See breaking news and top stories. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Guyana Newspapers currently in circulation.
One of largest daily newspapers published in Guyana. Kaieteur News is a privately owned daily newspaper published in Guyana, South America.
The Stabroek News is a privately owned newspaper published in Guyana founded by David DeCaires. It was first published in November 1986, first as a weekly but it later changed to a daily print newspaper. The entry of the paper into the mass media in Guyana brought a new openness to the media environment in the country.
Guyana Times The Beacon of Truth
- Govt allocates 350 house lots to residents of Region 2by GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 10:05 am
‘Dream Realised’ housing drive The Government, through the Central Housing and Planning Authority, has allocated 350 house lots to residents of Onderneeming in Region Two (Pomeroon-Supenaam) on Friday at the Anna Regina Town Council. This was part of a two-day outreach exercise in the region which began on Friday and ends today. The event […]
- Uitvlugt sugar workers call for outstanding wage dispute to be resolvedby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 10:04 am
Workers attached to the Uitvlugt Estate, West Coast Demerara (WCD), have joined calls for the Guyana Sugar Corporation Inc (GuySuCo) to resume discussions on the wage/salary improvements for the period 2019 to 2021. As such, the workers staged a picketing exercise on Friday morning. In a subsequent statement, the Guyana Agricultural and General […]
- Family slams T&T Police for slothfulness in investigating Guyanese designer’s murderby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 10:03 am
The family of Guyanese-born fashion designer, runway coach, and cosmetologist 27-year-old Latchman Singh, popularly known as “Marcus” or “Marc Anthony”, who was found dead in his apartment on Tuesday last in Eldorado, Trinidad, has slammed the Trinidad lawmen for their “slow” pace in investigating the murder. On Friday when contacted, […]
- COVID-19 death toll climbs to 267 as 4 more dieby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 10:02 am
– 115 new cases recorded Guyana’s COVID-19 death toll has jumped to a whopping 267 after four more persons succumbed to the virus on Friday. For the month of April, 33 deaths have been reported. The latest fatalities are an 81-year-old female from Region Three (Essequibo Islands-West Demerara), an 81-year-old female from Region Six (East The […]
- Young fisherman feared drowned during fishing expeditionby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 10:01 am
– father suspects foul play A young fisherman is feared drowned following a fishing trip in the Corentyne River in the vicinity of Orealla Village on Wednesday. The missing young man has been identified as 21-year-old Devin Persaud, also called “Richard”, of Crabwood Creek, Region Six (East Berbice-Corentyne). Based on reports received, the […]
- Starting over…by GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 9:55 am
…with savannah farming Your Eyewitness’s ears perked up when he read that several operators – the owners of Guyana Stockfeeds Inc, Royal Chicken, Edun Farms, SBM Wood, Dubulay Ranch, and Bounty Farm Ltd., along with the Brazilian-owned New Frontier Agriculture – are banding together with the Government to form a Public-Private Partnership […]
- Strenuous efforts must be made to tackle drug traffickingby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 9:50 am
The authorities in Guyana are facing some real challenges in relation to tackling the issue of drug trafficking and the related problems that come with such activity. While there have been some successes at preventing traffickers from being successful in carrying out these illegal acts, it is clear that there is still much work to The post […]
- Opposition Leader must stop the political grandstanding and recognise Guyana’s Presidentby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 9:10 am
Dear Editor, Guyana’s Opposition Leader, Mr Joseph Harmon, is still contending that Dr Irfaan Ali is not the legitimate President of Guyana, and says he would not recognise Dr Ali’s status as Head of State. In my view, such a display of political grandstanding by the Opposition Leader is a case of “dolly house affair”. The post Opposition […]
- Don’t waste time making head-to-head comparison of vaccines, the best vaccine is the one you takeby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 9:00 am
Dear Editor It seems like commentary and some people’s attitude (in every part of the world) cannot move away from “I want the best COVID-19 vaccine”, which mainly translates to vaccines with high efficacy in clinical trials. This is a reminder that the main goal of vaccination campaigns is to get a significant proportion of The post […]
- Guyana go down to Jamaica despite Moe’s resistanceby GTIMES on April 17, 2021 at 8:30 am
Too much Reggae… It was a battle that did not even come down to the wire. Jamaica were all over the local side. In the end, Guyana went down to Jamaica 107-87 in the FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 – Central American and Caribbean Pre-Qualifiers at the Gimnasio Nacional Adolfo Pineda. There is nothing more The post Guyana go down to Jamaica […]