Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers from around the world. See the latest coverage of the latest issues and topics around the world. Get breaking news and top stories from all over the world. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Newspapers currently in circulation.
Latest News From Top Media
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- Biden's hopes for ceasefire by end of weekend are 'wishful thinking', Hamas tells Sky Newson February 27, 2024 at 5:34 pm
Joe Biden's claim there could be an imminent ceasefire between Israel and Hamas was "wishful thinking", a spokesperson for the Palestinian group has told Sky News.
- Russia jails Nobel Peace Prize winner for 'repeatedly criticising armed forces'on February 27, 2024 at 5:19 pm
Oleg Orlov has spent his life documenting repression.
- All passengers survive after helicopter crashes into buildingon February 27, 2024 at 2:32 pm
A tourist helicopter in Colombia crashed into a building moments after taking off – but all six people on board survived, according to reports.
- One of Europe's most wanted fugitives arrested after more than 30 years on the runon February 27, 2024 at 2:14 pm
A former member of a disbanded militant group linked to robberies and attempted murder has been arrested in Germany after more than 30 years on the run.
- UK ship sinking in Red Sea after Houthi attack drifts north - as US Navy offer helpon February 27, 2024 at 1:39 pm
The UK-registered Rubymar cargo vessel appears to be drifting north as new video shows it barely afloat after a Houthi attack.
- Italian priest smells bleach in chalice to avoid apparent mafia threaton February 27, 2024 at 12:27 pm
A priest in Italy narrowly avoided possible death when he noticed a chalice was laced with bleach just as he was about to sip from it during mass.
- Most wanted man gets life in prison as 17 members of criminal gang convictedon February 27, 2024 at 10:57 am
The alleged leader of a crime group described as an "oiled killing machine" faces life behind bars after he was found guilty in what some consider to be the biggest Dutch criminal trial ever.
- Former Arsenal star suffers 'acute brain illness' after collapsing at homeon February 27, 2024 at 10:21 am
A Swedish international and former Arsenal footballer is being treated in hospital for an acute brain illness after collapsing at his home, his Danish club have said.
- Country revokes world-first ban on young people being able to buy cigaretteson February 27, 2024 at 9:58 am
New Zealand is today repealing what would have been a world-first ban on young people ever being able to buy cigarettes.
- Two bodies found in search for missing TV presenter and his partneron February 27, 2024 at 6:20 am
Two bodies have been found in the search for a missing Australian TV presenter and his partner, who were allegedly killed by a police officer.
Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- Toddler dies from poisoning in Gazaon February 27, 2024 at 7:03 pm
A toddler in northern Gaza has died after bread, made from animal feed, poisoned him to death.
- Israel holds municipal elections; war on Gaza affects turnout and moodon February 27, 2024 at 6:36 pm
Israelis are divided over the war and their opinions of the government, resulting in a low turnout and higher tensions.
- Germany confirms probe into former Lebanon central bank chief Salamehon February 27, 2024 at 5:58 pm
Prosecutors say Riad Salameh, bank governor from 1993 to 2023, being investigated for money laundering, other crimes.
- Zelenskyy in Saudi Arabia to push for peace, POW deal with Russiaon February 27, 2024 at 5:36 pm
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman seeks to position himself as a potential mediator to end Russia's war on Ukraine.
- A Palestinian singer could represent Iceland at Eurovisionon February 27, 2024 at 5:01 pm
Bashar Murad, a Palestinian singer based in Jerusalem, could represent Iceland in the Eurovision Song Contest if he wins
- German guiltwashing in times of genocideon February 27, 2024 at 4:46 pm
We have experienced the full severity of Germany's crackdown on pro-Palestinian activism. No, it is not about guilt.
- American Muslims helped Biden win in 2020. Will they abandon him now?on February 27, 2024 at 4:26 pm
Arab and Muslim communities say they'll 'punish' Biden even if it means Democrats lose in November.
- Kharkiv’s metro stations are housing schoolson February 27, 2024 at 4:20 pm
Children in Kharkiv are now being taught in underground schools inside metro stations.
- Palestinian singer running to represent Iceland at Eurovision conteston February 27, 2024 at 3:36 pm
Bashar Murad said he wants to use his song to 'illustrate' the difficulties Palestinians face in order to be heard.
- Feared Dutch drug lord Ridouan Taghi sentenced to life in mega-trialon February 27, 2024 at 3:12 pm
The 46-year-old and his associates were guilty of several murders, judges ruled, concluding a years-long trial.
BBC News BBC News - World
- Hope for Gaza ceasefire by next week, says Bidenon February 27, 2024 at 7:20 pm
The US president says the warring sides are close to a truce but Hamas says a deal is not that close.
- Nato allies reject Macron idea of troops to Ukraineon February 27, 2024 at 7:11 pm
The US and the UK are among those to say they will not deploy troops after remarks by Emmanuel Macron.
- Navalny lawyer reportedly arrested in Moscowon February 27, 2024 at 5:43 pm
Vasily Dubkov, who represented the Russian activist, was arrested for "violating public order", reports say.
- Alabama's legislature pushes to protect IVFon February 27, 2024 at 5:40 pm
Republicans will introduce a bill designed to protect access, after a court ruling cast doubt on its availability.
- Alleged Red Army Faction member held after 30 yearson February 27, 2024 at 5:09 pm
Daniela Klette, 65, was arrested in Berlin and faces accusations of attempted murder and robbery.
- Sony to axe 900 PlayStation roles worldwideon February 27, 2024 at 5:06 pm
The layoffs are the latest to hit the tech sector, which has seen big cutbacks worldwide since 2023.
- Dutch mega-trial exposes brutal gangland underworldon February 27, 2024 at 3:58 pm
Key figures in a powerful Dutch drug cartel are handed life sentences after a near six-year saga.
- Italian family in good health as Mali kidnap ordeal endson February 27, 2024 at 3:15 pm
A Jehovah's Witness couple and their son are released following their abduction in May 2022.
- Rhino poaching on the rise in South Africaon February 27, 2024 at 2:01 pm
Nearly 500 were killed in 2023 with hunters moving away from previous poaching hotspots.
- Sean 'Diddy' Combs accused of sexual assault by produceron February 27, 2024 at 1:40 pm
The male is the fifth person to file a lawsuit against the rapper since November 2023.
France 24 - International breaking news, top stories and headlines Breaking news and world news from France 24 on Business, Sports, Culture. Video news. News from the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, America
- Paris metro seeks to reduce delays due to fainting passengersby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 4:43 pm
It's the announcement Paris metro passengers dread: Traffic has been disrupted due to a traveller fainting in another train miles down the tracks. A commuter passing out on the French capital's underground causes their train to stop to wait for rescue services, and provokes delays of up to 45 minutes along the line.
- French troops limited to non-combat role, minister says, after Macron remarks on Ukraineby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 4:13 pm
France's foreign minister on Tuesday sought to clarify comments made by President Emmanuel Macron that Paris could send troops to Ukraine for specific needs, but not to fight in the war against Russia.
- Gaza war, hostages on the agenda for Qatari emir's state visit to Franceby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 3:35 pm
Qatar’s emir begins a state visit to France on Tuesday as his country plays a key role in ongoing diplomatic efforts to achieve a cease-fire in Gaza and the release of hostages.
- S.Africa sees sharp rise in rhino poaching with nearly 500 killed last yearby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 3:01 pm
Conservationists raised the alarm on Tuesday as South Africa reported a sharp increase in rhino poaching, with almost 500 animals killed last year.
- France bans terms like 'steak' and 'escalope' from vegetarian productsby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 2:36 pm
The French government issued a decree Tuesday banning the term "steak" on the label of vegetarian products, saying it was reserved for meat alone.
- EU approves landmark bill to restore 20% of the bloc's land and seas by 2030by NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 2:25 pm
EU lawmakers on Tuesday gave the final green light to a milestone bill aimed at protecting nature in the bloc, overriding conservative attempts to torpedo a law that has angered European farmers.
- Russia jails veteran activist Orlov of Nobel-winning Memorial rights groupby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 10:56 am
A Russian court on Tuesday sentenced top human rights campaigner Oleg Orlov to two and a half years in jail for denouncing Russia's assault on Ukraine.
- Hamas examining 40-day Gaza truce proposal from Paris talksby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 10:23 am
Hamas has received a draft proposal from Gaza truce talks in Paris for a pause in military operations and the exchange of Palestinian prisoners for Israeli hostages, a senior source close to the talks said on Tuesday.
- PM Attal says France will do 'whatever it takes' to thwart Russia in Ukraineby FRANCE 24 on February 27, 2024 at 9:29 am
French Prime Minister Gabriel Attal said Tuesday that nothing was off the table in Western efforts to prevent a Russian victory in Ukraine.
- Senegal's Macky Sall proposes amnesty bill to calm election-linked turmoilby NEWS WIRES on February 27, 2024 at 4:38 am
Senegal's President Macky Sall has proposed a general amnesty bill for political protesters arrested since 2021, as he holds talks to end fresh turmoil over delayed elections.
RT - Daily news RT : Today
- New details of Russian traitor pilot’s assassination revealedby RT on February 27, 2024 at 6:21 pm
Spanish investigators reportedly believe Maxim Kuzminov blew his cover when he tried to contact his mother, according to El Mundo Read Full Article at RT.com
- WATCH Ukraine’s rare Western-supplied hardware destroyed (VIDEOS)by RT on February 27, 2024 at 6:07 pm
Multiple rare military hardware systems supplied to Ukraine by the West have been destroyed in recent days, online footage shows Read Full Article at RT.com
- ‘I doubt Russia can make a FIFA killer,’ Dzyuba says on videogame footballby RT on February 27, 2024 at 5:24 pm
Read Full Article at RT.com
- More than half of Africans have no internet – study by RT on February 27, 2024 at 4:51 pm
Less than 40% of those living in Africa use the internet, according to a recent study by the International Telecommunication Union Read Full Article at RT.com
- Russia to restrict gasoline exports – RBK by RT on February 27, 2024 at 4:29 pm
Russia will reportedly suspend gasoline exports beginning in March to ensure stable domestic supply during the peak demand season Read Full Article at RT.com
- NATO countries refuse to back Macron’s ‘troops in Ukraine’ claimby RT on February 27, 2024 at 3:59 pm
The UK, Czech Republic, Finland, Poland, and Sweden have all ruled out sending soldiers to fight Russia in Ukraine, for now anyway Read Full Article at RT.com
- Nuland accidentally reveals the true aim of the West in Ukraineby RT on February 27, 2024 at 3:45 pm
Regime Change Karen has said the quiet part out loud, complaining that Putin’s Russia is “not the Russia we wanted” Read Full Article at RT.com
- No plans to send Western troops to Ukraine – Germanyby RT on February 27, 2024 at 3:10 pm
The German chancellor has insisted no Western troops will be deployed to Ukraine, after French President Emmanuel Macron broached the idea Read Full Article at RT.com
- India’s Modi gives ‘wings’ to Russian-trained astronautsby RT on February 27, 2024 at 2:53 pm
Indian Prime Minister has unveiled the names of four Air Force pilots who will be sent to an orbit of 400km above the Earth Read Full Article at RT.com
- Russian companies embark on massive expansion to ‘friendly’ countries by RT on February 27, 2024 at 2:53 pm
Nearly 12,000 branches of Russian companies have opened in Serbia, the UAE, Armenia, and Kyrgyzstan since 2022, data has shown Read Full Article at RT.com