Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers from around the world. See the latest coverage of the latest issues and topics around the world. Get breaking news and top stories from all over the world. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Newspapers currently in circulation.
Latest News From Top Media
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- As Merkel bows out, Germany's election race remains unclear with just hours left to runon September 24, 2021 at 8:52 pm
The Hofbrauhaus in the heart of Munich is a huge building dedicated to the art of beer.
- DNA helps catch art thief who stole van Gogh painting worth millionson September 24, 2021 at 8:13 pm
A man has been convicted of stealing a painting by Vincent van Gogh worth several million pounds from a museum in the Netherlands.
- Elon Musk and Grimes split up - but still on 'great terms' and co-parenting baby X Æ A-Xiion September 24, 2021 at 4:16 pm
Elon Musk and Grimes have split up after three years together, according to reports.
- Three more towns evacuated on La Palma and firefighters forced to retreat amid intensifying volcanic explosionson September 24, 2021 at 2:59 pm
Three more towns have been evacuated and firefighters have been forced to retreat amid intensifying volcanic explosions on the island of La Palma in the Canaries.
- Rwandan troops have swift impact on the ground as they help weary Mozambicans fight Islamist insurgentson September 24, 2021 at 1:29 pm
In northern Mozambique, the country's weary-looking soldiers can be seen on the roadside, walking about with ancient-looking AK-47 rifles slung on their shoulders.
- 'They came after me': Brazen wild boar on streets of Rome as residents left scaredon September 24, 2021 at 11:24 am
Wild boar are becoming a more common sight on the streets of Rome, attracted by stinking piles of rubbish, at a time when the Italian capital is preparing to elect its mayor.
- What caused the La Palma volcano to explode and how long could the eruption last?on September 24, 2021 at 10:55 am
A volcano that erupted on the Spanish island of La Palma in the Canary Islands is continuing to explode and spew out lava five days after it erupted.
- China announces complete ban on cryptocurrencieson September 24, 2021 at 9:49 am
The People's Bank of China (PBoC) has announced that all cryptocurrency-related financial activities are illegal, including transactions, providing pricing services, and launching new tokens.
- Haitians at Texas border urged to give up amid 'inhumane' deportations by USon September 24, 2021 at 8:21 am
Authorities in Mexico are urging Haitians at the Texas border trying to reach the United States to give up.
- North Korea rejects South's 'admirable' push to declare end to war after 71 yearson September 24, 2021 at 6:47 am
North Korea has rebuffed South Korea's push for a political declaration to formally end the Korean War 71 years after the conflict started, saying it could be used as a "smokescreen covering up the US hostile policy".
Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- Bonus Edition: UNGA Special with Melissa Flemingon September 24, 2021 at 9:40 pm
Femi Oke co-hosts with the UN's Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications.
- US senators urge State Dept to confront Bahrain’s ‘repression’on September 24, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Since a 2011 uprising, the Gulf country has arrested thousands of protesters and reportedly tortured prisoners.
- Chad’s military ruler Mahamat Deby names transitional parliamenton September 24, 2021 at 9:04 pm
So-called National Transitional Council 'will act as national assembly of transition' ahead of polls, statement says.
- ‘Simply untrue’: IMF’s Georgieva pushes back on World Bank probeon September 24, 2021 at 9:00 pm
The report puts Georgieva at risk of having her authority undermined weeks before a meeting of global finance chiefs.
- Quad leaders discuss ‘key challenges’ at White House summiton September 24, 2021 at 8:10 pm
Leaders of US, India, Australia and Japan gather at the White House as Biden pushes to boost Indo-Pacific alliance.
- Flights cancelled after new Canary Islands volcanic eruptionon September 24, 2021 at 7:29 pm
Fresh evacuations ordered as explosions and new openings are reported from La Palma's Cumbre Vieja volcano.
- US allows aid for Afghanistan despite sanctions against Talibanon September 24, 2021 at 7:06 pm
The US is granting two licences allowing various entities to provide humanitarian assistance to the country.
- Huawei CFO Meng Wanzhou strikes deal with US prosecutorson September 24, 2021 at 6:59 pm
The Huawei chief financial officer was arrested in Vancouver in December 2018 on charges of violating US sanctions.
- Will China rescue the troubled property group Evergrande?on September 24, 2021 at 6:46 pm
One of China's largest property firms Evergrande has debts of more than $300bn.
- US House passes bill to secure abortion rights for womenon September 24, 2021 at 6:43 pm
Legislative drive to codify precedent of Roe v Wade gains momentum in Congress but still faces Republican opposition.
BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Switzerland to hold referendum on same-sex marriageon September 24, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Voters in Switzerland go to the polls this Sunday to decide whether to allow same-sex marriage.
- Attacked by a hyena: My advice for a fellow victimon September 24, 2021 at 11:19 pm
Nine-year-old Rodwell Nkomazana lost an eye, his nose, and his upper lip when he was mauled by a hyena.
- Ros Atkins On… Germany’s Election Explainedon September 24, 2021 at 11:18 pm
Ros Atkins explains how Germany’s election works, the candidates and the issues at stake.
- Afghanistan: Inside the prison staffed by former inmates released by the Talibanon September 24, 2021 at 11:18 pm
The BBC has been given access to Kabul's main jail, where former Taliban inmates are now caretakers.
- Huawei's Meng Wanzhou freed after deal with USon September 24, 2021 at 9:56 pm
The row over Meng Wanzhou's detention in 2018 strained China's relations with Canada and the US.
- R. Kelly trial: A look at the key moments as jury deliberateson September 24, 2021 at 7:15 pm
The five-week trial heard harrowing details of abuse and assault. Here are the key moments.
- Canary Islands: Firefighters retreat as volcano intensifieson September 24, 2021 at 4:38 pm
Hundreds of homes have been destroyed and thousands displaced since the volcano erupted on Sunday.
- Angela Merkel: A career in pictureson September 24, 2021 at 3:56 pm
As Angela Merkel steps down as German chancellor, we take a look back at the photos documenting her career.
- Why are so many Haitians at the US-Mexico border?on September 24, 2021 at 3:31 pm
Thousands of migrants are at the Texas-Mexico border. Here's what we know about why they are coming.
- Kenyan policeman wakes up from coma to find he was sackedon September 24, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Neither his family nor the police force could locate Reuben Kimutai Lel, who was actually in hospital.
- Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou to be freed after deal with US prosecutorsby NEWS WIRES on September 24, 2021 at 8:24 pm
The chief financial officer of Chinese telecoms giant Huawei reached a deferred prosecution agreement with US prosecutors Friday to avoid felony fraud charges, clearing the way for her release after nearly three years detention in Canada.
- French soldier killed in Mali in clash with armed terrorist groupby NEWS WIRES on September 24, 2021 at 8:07 pm
A French serviceman was killed early on Friday in a clash with an armed militant group in Mali, the French presidential administration said in a statement.
- Firefighters retreat as volcanic explosions intensify in Canary Islandsby NEWS WIRES on September 24, 2021 at 7:41 pm
Intensifying volcanic explosions on the Spanish island of La Palma forced firefighters to retreat and authorities to evacuate three more towns on Friday, while airlines cancelled flights due to a cloud of gas and ash, the biggest since the volcano erupted.
- Radicals vs realists: Should French Greens look to Germany for tips on electoral success?by Romain BRUNET on September 24, 2021 at 7:23 pm
Green candidates for the French presidency are often at pains to prove they are radical enough for the party’s base. But Germany’s “Grünen” have long opted for the opposite path: persuading the broader electorate that they can compromise and be trusted as a party of government.
- Costa Rica's president says climate change is 'biggest challenge of this generation'by Laurence CUVILLIER on September 24, 2021 at 4:22 pm
Costa Rica abolished its army back in 1948, and 99 percent of its energy is renewable. The small country is an exception in Latin America. Costa Rican President Carlos Alvarado Quesada sat down for an exclusive interview with FRANCE 24. Ahead of November's COP26 conference in Glasgow, he laid out several concrete proposals to fight climate […]
- Catalan separatist leader Puigdemont leaves Italian jail after arrest in Sardiniaby FRANCE 24 on September 24, 2021 at 4:05 pm
The former president of Spain’s Catalonia region, Carles Puigdemont, was released from a jail in the Italian city of Sassari on Friday, a day after his arrest on sedition charges.
- Iran says nuclear talks to resume 'very soon', doesn't provide a dateby NEWS WIRES on September 24, 2021 at 3:12 pm
Iran will return to negotiations on resuming compliance with the 2015 Iran nuclear deal "very soon", Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amirabdollahian told reporters on Friday.
- Macron urges new Lebanese PM Mikati to undertake 'urgent' reformsby NEWS WIRES on September 24, 2021 at 2:52 pm
French President Emmanuel Macron on Friday urged the new Lebanese Prime Minister Najib Mikati to undertake "urgent" reforms to help his crisis-wracked country, as the two men met for the first time in Paris.
- Poland's waste secret: Europe plays with fireby Mairead DUNDAS on September 24, 2021 at 2:31 pm
When China suddenly announced in 2017 that it would no longer accept foreign waste, Poland quickly became a new dumping group for European trash. The Down to Earth team takes a closer look at an illegal business that's more lucrative than narcotics.
- France says Britain's Johnson offered to 're-establish cooperation' amid submarine disputeby NEWS WIRES on September 24, 2021 at 1:39 pm
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson told French President Emmanuel Macron on Friday that he wants to "re-establish cooperation", Macron's office said, amid a diplomatic crisis over a submarine contract with Australia.
RT - Daily news RT : Today
- ‘Bodies with vaginas’?! Lancet slammed for ‘erasing women’ after promoting latest issue with controversial quoteby RT on September 24, 2021 at 11:49 pm
The prestigious medical journal Lancet is in hot water over its latest issue. A quote on the cover from a senior editor has triggered widespread outrage on social media for “dehumanising” and “erasing” women. Read Full Article at RT.com
- No fuel shortage? Motorists queue for petrol across UK, nearly 400 stations impose £30 limit amid ‘unprecedented demand’by RT on September 24, 2021 at 11:29 pm
The deepening energy crisis in Britain has reached fuel supply, with large queues spotted at petrol stations across the country. One of the providers, EG Group, has imposed a £30 limit due to a surge in demand. Read Full Article at RT.com
- ‘War criminal! Out!’ Protesters greet Hillary Clinton as she becomes chancellor of university in Northern Irelandby RT on September 24, 2021 at 10:23 pm
Former US top diplomat and failed presidential candidate Hillary Clinton became the first female chancellor of Queen’s University in Belfast, but her triumphant entrance was picketed by hecklers protesting her as a “war criminal.” Read Full Article at RT.com
- Prince Andrew finally acknowledges sex assault lawsuit from Epstein accuser after forcing servers to jump through legal hoopsby RT on September 24, 2021 at 9:24 pm
The Duke of York’s lawyers have finally acknowledged he has been served with Virginia Roberts Giuffre’s lawsuit alleging the British royal sexually assaulted her three times, having given process servers the runaround for weeks. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Elon Musk and Grimes split to cavalcade of memes, insisting they still ‘love each other’ and will co-parent ‘Baby X’by RT on September 24, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Space billionaire Elon Musk and singer Grimes have split up, Musk has announced, adding that they still “love each other, see each other frequently, are on great terms,” and will share care of their son. Cue social media meltdown. Read Full Article at RT.com
- House passes landmark abortion rights bill, Republicans accuse Democrats of trying to legalize ‘murder’by RT on September 24, 2021 at 9:19 pm
The Democrat-controlled House of Representatives has passed a bill that would legally protect a woman’s right to have an abortion. However, the vote was a tight one, and Republicans were outraged at its passage. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Canada frees detained Huawei executive Meng Wanzhou after US drops extradition bidby RT on September 24, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Huawei chief financial officer Meng Wanzhou has entered a deferred prosecution agreement (DPA) in the US, paving the way for her to leave Canada, where she has spent nearly three years in detention. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Makeshift camp in Texas CLEARED, leaving observers wondering where migrants wentby RT on September 24, 2021 at 7:36 pm
The migrant camp that sprang up under a bridge in Del Rio, on the US-Mexican border, has been cleared, but fewer than 2,000 of the 15,000 people who crossed into the US illegally are confirmed as having been sent back to Haiti. Read Full Article at RT.com
- MMA icon Jon Jones ‘arrested for battery domestic violence’ by Vegas police just HOURS after being inducted into UFC Hall of Fameby RT on September 24, 2021 at 7:20 pm
UFC star Jon Jones has found himself on the wrong side of the law again after he was reportedly arrested in Las Vegas for 'battery domestic violence' just hours after he was inducted into the UFC Hall of Fame in a glitzy ceremony. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Traces of Pegasus spyware found on smartphones of FIVE French cabinet ministers – mediaby RT on September 24, 2021 at 6:48 pm
Pegasus spyware has been found on the phones of at least five French ministers, multiple sources told news outlets. The company behind the tech, the Israel-based NSO Group, denies it was used to target French officials, however. Read Full Article at RT.com