Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers from around the world. See the latest coverage of the latest issues and topics around the world. Get breaking news and top stories from all over the world. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Newspapers currently in circulation.
Latest News From Top Media
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- Kim Jong Un makes rare appearance with daughter at military banqueton February 8, 2023 at 9:31 am
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has made a rare public appearance alongside his daughter amid growing speculation the country is preparing a large military parade to showcase its nuclear weapons programme.
- Putin 'is playing for time' and plans to 'bomb his way to negotiating table', European spy agency warnson February 8, 2023 at 9:24 am
Russia will not run out of weapons or troops for its war "any time soon" and Vladimir Putin thinks he can "bomb" Ukraine to the negotiating table, a European spy agency has warned.
- Terrified and freezing, those left homeless from the earthquake travel for days to seek refugeon February 8, 2023 at 8:32 am
Tens of thousands of people have been left homeless after a 7.8 magnitude earthquake devastated southern Turkey and northern Syria on Monday.
- More than 11,000 confirmed fatalities in Turkey and Syria in deadliest earthquake in over a decadeon February 8, 2023 at 7:57 am
More than 11,000 people have died after devastating earthquakes rocked Turkey and Syria.
- Polls have had Biden on the ropes for his entire presidency - but now he's starting to throw puncheson February 8, 2023 at 6:27 am
Joe Biden came out punching on Capitol Hill in a way that belied learned expectation.
- Biden says he's willing to work with political rivals - but Republicans say he is 'unfit' to be presidenton February 8, 2023 at 12:56 am
Joe Biden has vowed to work with political rivals in his latest State of the Union address.
- Man travels from Wales to Turkey to find family buried in rubbleon February 7, 2023 at 10:38 pm
We meet Ahmat at one of the few functioning airports in the earthquake zone.
- When the roar of heavy diggers stops, the sound of silence that no one wants to hearon February 7, 2023 at 8:42 pm
In the Turkish city of Osmaniye, the sound of silence is something no one wants to hear.
- 'We're being left to die': Anger and frustration as search for trapped relatives continueson February 7, 2023 at 12:03 pm
The people of Antakya are not only desperate, there is real anger here too.
- What is an aftershock - and why are mass landslides now likely?on February 7, 2023 at 11:04 am
Two powerful earthquakes and dozens of aftershocks have wrought incalculable destruction on parts of Turkey and Syria, with much of the devastation hitting communities already vulnerable following a decade of war.
Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- South Korea parliament votes to impeach minister over crowd crushon February 8, 2023 at 12:47 pm
Lee Sang-min held responsible for alleged bungled response to Halloween crowd crush that killed 159 people.
- How to donate to Turkey and Syria earthquake disaster responseon February 8, 2023 at 12:14 pm
Watchdogs recommend researching before you give money, with several compiling lists of the most effective charities.
- What’s behind Iran and Russia’s efforts to link banking systems?on February 8, 2023 at 12:05 pm
Tehran and Moscow have shown serious political will to expand economic ties, but challenges remain.
- Infographic: How big were the earthquakes in Turkey, Syria?on February 8, 2023 at 11:37 am
The magnitude 7.8 and 7.6 quakes are classified as 'major' on the Richter scale. Al Jazeera explains what this means.
- Hope, heartbreak as children pulled from rubble in Turkey, Syriaon February 8, 2023 at 11:01 am
Millions of children and their families have been impacted by the devastating magnitude 7.8 earthquake.
- Russia’s Lavrov vows aid for W Africa fight against armed groupson February 8, 2023 at 10:50 am
Moscow is seeking to expand its influence in Africa as a diplomatic tug-of-war between global powers continues.
- Zimbabwe is losing doctors, teachers to British hypocrisyon February 8, 2023 at 9:46 am
Instead of addressing the concerns of NHS workers and teachers, Britain is plundering talent from Zimbabwe.
- Disney cuts Simpsons China ‘forced labour’ episode in Hong Kongon February 8, 2023 at 9:34 am
Removal marks the second time Disney has dropped a Simpsons episode from its service in Hong Kong.
- Pakistan’s top rights group raises ‘alarm’ on religious freedomon February 8, 2023 at 9:27 am
The HRCP report focuses on forced conversions, desecration of places of worship and marginalisation of Ahmadi community.
- Uganda says it will not renew mandate of UN human rights officeon February 8, 2023 at 9:24 am
Yoweri Museveni's government has, over the years, been criticised by the opposition and activists for rights violations.
BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Nigeria's naira crisis: Supreme Court suspends banknote deadlineon February 8, 2023 at 1:04 pm
The deadline to stop using old naira notes was Friday but banks did not have enough new currency.
- Notorious Russian nationalist Igor Mangushev shot dead in Ukraineon February 8, 2023 at 1:01 pm
Igor Mangushev was shot in the head and his killing sparks speculation about who was to blame.
- Putin 'supplied' MH17 missile - investigatorson February 8, 2023 at 12:54 pm
The aircraft was hit by a Russian-made missile in eastern Ukraine in 2014, killing nearly 300 people.
- Turkey earthquake: Where did it hit and why was it so deadly?on February 8, 2023 at 12:19 pm
Two earthquakes have killed more than 11,000 people in southern Turkey and northern Syria.
- Mary Queen of Scots: Deposed ruler's secret prison letters found and decodedon February 8, 2023 at 12:10 pm
The letters, written during her English captivity, were found during a trawl of French archives.
- Turkey earthquake: 'This building is just a snapshot of the devastation'on February 8, 2023 at 11:05 am
The BBC's Anna Foster has spent two days travelling alone towards the earthquake epicentre.
- State of the Union 2023: Biden urges Congress to finish economic fightbackon February 8, 2023 at 10:58 am
The president's State of the Union speech called for unity, but he was heckled by some Republicans.
- LeBron James breaks NBA all-time scoring recordon February 8, 2023 at 10:22 am
LeBron James becomes the NBA's all-time leading scorer, passing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar's 39-year-old record.
- Turkey earthquake: Long journeys to try to find familyon February 8, 2023 at 9:36 am
One man travelled to Turkey to try and find his missing brother by sifting through rubble himself.
- Turkey earthquake: BBC reporter stops as rescuers listen for trapped peopleon February 8, 2023 at 9:24 am
Tom Bateman was reporting from Adana, Turkey, when asked to be be quiet.
France 24 - International breaking news, top stories and headlines Breaking news and world news from France 24 on Business, Sports, Culture. Video news. News from the US, Europe, Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, America
- ‘Can anybody hear me?’: In Turkey’s quake-hit Kahramanmaras, a desperate hunt for survivorsby Assiya HAMZA on February 8, 2023 at 12:27 pm
In the quake-stricken Turkish city of Kahramanmaras, locals and rescue workers are digging through the rubble, some with their bare hands, clinging to hopes of a miracle as they hunt for survivors of Monday’s devastating earthquakes in a frantic race against the clock – and the bitter cold.
- Turkey-Syria earthquakes: NGO calls for 'wider access to reach those most in need'by Sharon GAFFNEY on February 8, 2023 at 11:00 am
As the desperate search for survivors continues after the devastating earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, the WHO warns that up to 23 million people could be affected across the region. Our Perspective guest is Louise Bichet, Middle East Manager at Médecins du Monde (Doctors of the World), which has been working in the region for many years. She […]
- Japanese company puts whale meat on sale in vending machineson February 8, 2023 at 10:38 am
Two vending machines selling whale meat were unveiled in Tokyo on January 24 as part of the whaling industry’s campaign to try and increase consumption, which is on the decline in Japan. However, animal rights defenders, including our Observers, are angry that whalers are back in Japanese waters after the government lifted a ban on whaling in […]
- French rescue workers join frantic search for survivors in quake-stricken Turkeyby FRANCE 24 on February 8, 2023 at 8:54 am
International aid teams have rushed to Turkey in the wake of the devastating twin earthquakes that flattened towns and cities in the country’s south as well as in neighbouring Syria. In the Turkish city of Osmaniye, a team of French rescue workers spent the night digging through the rubble in an increasingly desperate search for survivors. […]
- French giant TotalEnergies posts record $20.5 billion profit amid high oil pricesby NEWS WIRES on February 8, 2023 at 7:45 am
France's TotalEnergies said Wednesday that high oil and gas prices bolstered its net profit to a record $20.5 billion in 2022 and announced higher dividend payments for shareholders.
- Live: Addressing UK parliament, Zelensky calls for ‘necessary weapons’by FRANCE 24 on February 8, 2023 at 7:23 am
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Wednesday hailed Britain as "one of the first" countries to support Ukraine after Russia invaded, on his first visit to London since the war broke out nearly a year ago. His visit came as Russian forces ramped up a winter assault in eastern Ukraine, bringing tens of thousands of freshly mobilised troops […]
- LeBron James becomes most prolific scorer in NBA historyby NEWS WIRES on February 8, 2023 at 6:14 am
LeBron James finally eclipsed Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the most prolific scorer in NBA history on Tuesday, breaking a 39-year record that many throughout basketball believed would never be beaten.
- Live: Search for survivors intensifies as Turkey-Syria quake death toll tops 11,000by FRANCE 24 on February 8, 2023 at 5:53 am
Rescuers worked through the night into Wednesday to reach survivors trapped in the rubble of Monday's devastating earthquakes before they succumb to cold weather in southern Turkey and war-ravaged northern Syria. As the death toll climbed to more than 11,200, despair and anger were growing over the pace of rescue efforts. Follow the latest […]
- China refused call with Pentagon after downing of suspected spy balloon, says USby NEWS WIRES on February 8, 2023 at 2:20 am
Beijing rejected a request for a secure call between Pentagon chief Lloyd Austin and his counterpart on the day an American warplane shot down a suspected Chinese surveillance balloon, a US Department of Defense spokesman said Tuesday.
- In State of the Union speech, optimistic Biden vows to work with Republicansby NEWS WIRES on February 8, 2023 at 2:07 am
President Joe Biden called US democracy "unbowed" and pledged to work with the opposition party on Tuesday in a State of the Union speech that served as an olive branch to skeptical Republicans and a blueprint for his 2024 re-election bid.
RT - Daily news RT : Today
- Italian bakery to make bread with insect powderby RT on February 8, 2023 at 1:19 pm
An Italian baker plans to sell bread made with cricket powder Read Full Article at RT.com
- LeBron James breaks NBA scoring recordby RT on February 8, 2023 at 1:10 pm
LeBron James has broken the NBA’s all-time scoring record, surpassing the 38,387-point mark previously set by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Read Full Article at RT.com
- 10,000+ killed in Türkiye-Syria earthquakeby RT on February 8, 2023 at 1:03 pm
More than 10,000 people were killed by a powerful earthquake in Türkiye and Syria, officials said Read Full Article at RT.com
- Iran’s ‘ghost fleet’ shipping sanctioned Russian oil – FTby RT on February 8, 2023 at 12:38 pm
Tehran has been ramping up imports of Russian oil on ‘ghost ships’ to bypass Western sanctions, FT reports Read Full Article at RT.com
- Ex-Russian governor facing 23 years in jailby RT on February 8, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Prosecutors have asked for a 23-year prison sentence for former Khabarovsk Region Governor Sergey Furgal Read Full Article at RT.com
- UK offers to train Ukrainian pilotsby RT on February 8, 2023 at 11:36 am
UK PM Rishi Sunak announces plans to train Ukrainian fighter jet pilots as President Vladimir Zelensky pays a visit to London Read Full Article at RT.com
- Lasers, spaceflight, surgery, nuclear power and the secrets of Mayan civilization: How Russian scientists changed the worldby RT on February 8, 2023 at 11:34 am
Global science owes a lot to Soviet and Russian researchers, whose work helped to broaden human knowledge in very different spheres of life Read Full Article at RT.com
- Turkish stock market suspends tradingby RT on February 8, 2023 at 11:08 am
Trading on Türkiye’s stock market has been halted after a major sell-off as the death toll from earthquakes rises Read Full Article at RT.com
- Exiled opposition leader accuses Western-backed forces of using neo-Nazis in Ukraineby RT on February 8, 2023 at 10:12 am
Ukrainian opposition leader Viktor Medvedchuk condemned his country’s political system for its lack of democracy Read Full Article at RT.com
- German defense minister admits Ukraine doubtsby RT on February 8, 2023 at 10:01 am
German Defense Minister Boris Pistorius has expressed uncertainty over Ukraine’s ability to recapture Crimea and Donbass Read Full Article at RT.com