Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers from around the world. See the latest coverage of the latest issues and topics around the world. Get breaking news and top stories from all over the world. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Newspapers currently in circulation.
Latest News From Top Media
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- 'They had no chance': Two officers killed and five injured after rifle-toting suspect allegedly opens fireon July 1, 2022 at 8:42 pm
Two police officers have been killed and five injured after a man allegedly opened fire on them as they tried to investigate a domestic violence complaint.
- Vatican suffers big loss in sale of luxury London building at heart of fraud trialon July 1, 2022 at 3:14 pm
The Vatican has said it has completed the sale of the luxury London building at the centre of an ongoing corruption trial - after taking an estimated hit of around £120m (€140m).
- Unprecedented 32.5C in the Arctic Circle during month of smashed global temperature recordson July 1, 2022 at 2:27 pm
Countries across Europe broke temperature records in June - with an unprecedented 32.5C (90.5F) reported in the Arctic Circle.
- US basketball star 'keeping the faith' as she appears in Russian court on drugs chargeson July 1, 2022 at 12:49 pm
American basketball star Brittney Griner has told a US diplomat she is "keeping the faith" after appearing in a Russian court on cannabis possession charges.
- More than 100 live animals found in women's luggageon July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
Two women have been arrested after trying to smuggle 109 live animals out of Thailand in their luggage.
- Wildfire raging near Machu Picchu in Peruon July 1, 2022 at 10:28 am
Firefighters are battling to contain a forest fire near the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu.
- Two children among 19 killed as Russian missiles hit flats before dawnon July 1, 2022 at 8:26 am
Russian missile attacks on residential buildings near Odesa have killed at least 19 people, including two children.
- 'My home is a graveyard now': The aftermath of Afghanistan's deadly earthquakeon July 1, 2022 at 3:31 am
Mohammad Roshan has lost 18 members of his family.
- North Korea claims it has identified source of its COVID outbreakon June 30, 2022 at 10:07 pm
North Korea says it has identified the source of its COVID outbreak - citizens touching "alien things" near the border with South Korea.
- Why is Russia attacking Ukraine's railways and are they failing?on June 13, 2022 at 1:18 pm
Throughout the war in Ukraine, Russia has carried out consistent attacks on the country's rail system.
Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- Ukraine says Russia dropped phosphorus bombs on Snake Islandon July 1, 2022 at 10:46 pm
Russian Su-30 fighter jets flew two sorties over Snake Island dropping phosphorus bombs a day after 'goodwill' retreat.
- Libya protesters storm parliament building in Tobrukon July 1, 2022 at 9:41 pm
Protesters were demonstrating against deteriorating living conditions and political deadlock, Libyan media reported.
- What’s in store for the Philippines after Marcos’ win?on July 1, 2022 at 8:50 pm
Ferdinand Marcos Jr. won the presidency more than 30 years after his father was pushed from power.
- Rebel Moscow theatre closes doors with defiant last performanceon July 1, 2022 at 8:25 pm
Russian film director, who fled Russia after criticising the war in Ukraine, denounced 'murder' of his former theatre.
- Armenia, Turkey agree to open borders for third-country nationalson July 1, 2022 at 7:54 pm
The two countries have also agreed to begin direct cargo flights in both directions, despite their strained relations.
- Not just guns and abortion: How US top court could reshape ruleson July 1, 2022 at 7:09 pm
The conservative majority on the US Supreme Court boldly used its powers this past term to advance right-wing positions.
- Germany, Nigeria sign accord for return of looted Benin Bronzeson July 1, 2022 at 7:01 pm
A British colonial expedition looted vast quantities of treasures in 1897 from the royal palace of the Kingdom of Benin.
- Environmental groups press leaders as UN Ocean Conference endson July 1, 2022 at 6:50 pm
As five-day conference comes to an end, several NGOs urge leaders to keep pledges made to save the world's seas.
- India bans 19 single-use plastic items to combat pollutionon July 1, 2022 at 6:09 pm
Ban includes plastic straws, disposable cutlery, earbuds, candy and ice cream packaging, and cigarette packets.
- Thousands rally in Sudan day after 9 killed during protestson July 1, 2022 at 6:08 pm
Funeral marches take place in Khartoum for some of those killed during anti-coup demonstration.
BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Libya protesters storm parliament buildingon July 2, 2022 at 12:54 am
Rallies take place in Tobruk, Tripoli and other cities amid anger at the country's political deadlock.
- The rise of the video game Arab heroon July 2, 2022 at 12:32 am
Developers are moving away from stereotypes of Arab characters and depicting them more positively.
- Unique terror trial that changed Franceon July 2, 2022 at 12:27 am
More than 400 survivors and relatives gave evidence in the unprecedented trial that ended this week.
- Texas migrant deaths: Truck driver 'unaware air conditioner had stopped working'on July 2, 2022 at 12:23 am
A police informant says he was told that the driver was "unaware" the air conditioning had failed.
- Brazil: Rio's residents garden their way out of hungeron July 2, 2022 at 12:19 am
Brazilian communities are combatting soaring food prices and a hunger crisis with urban gardens.
- India farm law: Seven months after repeal, farmers are ready for new protestson July 2, 2022 at 12:13 am
Seven months after the government repealed the farm laws, farmers say demands not fulfilled yet.
- Missing cryptoqueen: Is Dr Ruja Ignatova the biggest Bitcoin holder?on July 1, 2022 at 11:54 pm
As the FBI adds Ruja Ignatova to its most wanted list, new findings suggest she amassed billions in Bitcoin.
- Week in pictures: 25 June - 1 July 2022on July 1, 2022 at 11:48 pm
A selection of powerful images from all over the globe, taken in the past seven days.
- Hot weather dries up swamp, uncovers ancient forton July 1, 2022 at 11:00 pm
A historical group was instrumental in discovering a crannog made from stone near Lough Neagh.
- Roe v Wade: Women travelling for abortions will be protected - Bidenon July 1, 2022 at 10:02 pm
The US president warns some US states will attempt to arrest women crossing state lines for access.
- Protesters storm Libya’s parliament building amid political deadlock, power cutsby NEWS WIRES on July 1, 2022 at 8:48 pm
Protesters stormed Libya's parliament building in the eastern city of Tobruk on Friday, demonstrating against deteriorating living conditions and political deadlock, Libyan media reported.
- Liverpool star Mo Salah signs long-term contract extension with clubby NEWS WIRES on July 1, 2022 at 5:59 pm
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah on Friday signed a long-term contract extension, putting an end to a lengthy saga about his future at the Premier League club.
- Tour de France: Lampaert wins first stage in rain-lashed Copenhagenby NEWS WIRES on July 1, 2022 at 5:33 pm
Belgian rider Yves Lampaert won the Tour de France opening stage while two-time defending champion Tadej Pogacar finished third on Friday.
- India bans single-use plastics in bid to tackle wasteby FRANCE24 on July 1, 2022 at 4:18 pm
The production and sale of a host of single-use plastic products will be forbidden in India from July 1 as a landmark new law comes into effect. The country currently produces some four million tonnes of plastic waste per year, much of which ends up littering streets, choking rivers or piling up in landfills.
- The quest of French youth to become professional footballersby FRANCE24 on July 1, 2022 at 3:54 pm
Pogba, Mbappé, Kanté: Paris has become a hotbed of international football stars. The French capital’s suburbs are considered a breeding ground for European football talent, bringing young people from the region to harbour the same dream. This is the case for AD Barry, 22, who trained at PSG. ENTR met him while he was waiting to find a […]
- British FM Liz Truss on supporting Ukraine: 'We're in it for the long haul'by Catherine NICHOLSON on July 1, 2022 at 3:11 pm
In an interview with FRANCE 24, British Foreign Minister Liz Truss said that the United Kingdom is prepared to keep supporting Ukraine for as long as it takes for Kyiv to repel the Russian military. "We're in it for the long haul and that's also true of our NATO allies and our G7 allies," she explained. Truss added that diplomatic tensions […]
- Basketball star Griner goes on trial in Russia on drug charges despite US objectionsby NEWS WIRES on July 1, 2022 at 2:34 pm
U.S. basketball star Brittney Griner went on trial in a court on the outskirts of Moscow on Friday to hear drug charges that could see her serve up to 10 years in a Russian jail.
- EU's Takuba force quits junta-controlled Maliby FRANCE 24 on July 1, 2022 at 12:20 pm
The French-led Takuba task force of EU special forces has officially ceased operating in Mali, France announced Friday, ending an anti-jihadist effort launched in March 2020 that soured after two military coups overthrew the civilian government.
- Boys and girls together, dressed in Western clothes: Teenage skaters spark scandal in Iranon July 1, 2022 at 11:11 am
Like other teenagers around the world, boys and girls in Iran celebrated International Go Skateboarding Day with a gathering. The event caused widespread controversy in the Islamic Republic of Iran when a video was shared online showing teens wearing Western-style clothing, girls with uncovered hair and the genders mixing. Five people who […]
- Between Laos and China, a thriving border (4/4)by Adri BERGER on July 1, 2022 at 9:51 am
In Laos, the only country in Southeast Asia without a coastline, it's hoped a high-speed train line will help open up the country and usher in an economic boom. The 420-kilometre-long rail link takes only three hours to connect Laos's capital Vientiane with China. On the Laotian side of the border, the Boten Special Economic Zone is coming into […]
RT - Daily news RT : Today
- China mocks US over Afghanistanby RT on July 1, 2022 at 10:09 pm
A spokesman for the foreign ministry in Beijing contrasted China’s humanitarian airlift to Afghanistan with last year’s hasty US exit Read Full Article at RT.com
- Turkey blocks two major Western news websitesby RT on July 1, 2022 at 8:43 pm
Turkey has blocked access to websites VoA and DW after the outlets refused to obtain broadcasting licenses Read Full Article at RT.com
- Americans don’t want Biden to run again – pollby RT on July 1, 2022 at 8:12 pm
More than 70% of Americans oppose Joe Biden running for the White House again, and a poll shows almost as many unhappy with a Trump rematch Read Full Article at RT.com
- Oscar-winning actor urges Biden impeachment by RT on July 1, 2022 at 8:10 pm
Hollywood actor Jon Voight called on Americans to impeach President Joe Biden, to applause from some Republicans and the ire of Democrats Read Full Article at RT.com
- Johnson government could break up UK – Irelandby RT on July 1, 2022 at 5:49 pm
Dublin has accused London of seeking to violate the Brexit deal when it comes to Northern Ireland, which could lead to the UK breaking up Read Full Article at RT.com
- Researchers make move on animal organ transplant for humans – mediaby RT on July 1, 2022 at 5:19 pm
US medical researchers are pushing authorities to permit clinical trials of transplanting pig organs into humans, citing donor shortages Read Full Article at RT.com
- Police admitted to snooping – activistsby RT on July 1, 2022 at 5:18 pm
Canadian police reportedly describe their use of spyware to collect data from people’s mobile devices Read Full Article at RT.com
- Russia demands rubles for grain exportsby RT on July 1, 2022 at 5:12 pm
Russia has added grain to the list of export commodities that must be paid for in rubles Read Full Article at RT.com
- EU takes aim at Russian gold – Bloombergby RT on July 1, 2022 at 4:35 pm
Russian gold imports could be restricted by an upcoming package of EU sanctions Read Full Article at RT.com
- Nuclear family: How Ukraine helped North Korea develop the world's deadliest weaponsby RT on July 1, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Experts point out the Ukrainian roots of Kim Jong-un's rocket program Read Full Article at RT.com