Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers from around the world. See the latest coverage of the latest issues and topics around the world. Get breaking news and top stories from all over the world. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Newspapers currently in circulation.
Latest News From Top Media
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- NASA's 'megarocket' roars into life - but only briefly, putting launch in jeopardyon January 17, 2021 at 3:49 am
NASA's deep space exploration rocket has briefly ignited its four engines for the first time.
- 'Very special moment' as Nepali sherpas are the first to reach top of K2 in winteron January 17, 2021 at 12:36 am
A team of Nepalese sherpas has made history by scaling the world's second-highest peak during the winter season.
- Incumbent Yoweri Museveni declared winner of Uganda presidential electionon January 16, 2021 at 12:44 pm
Yoweri Museveni has been declared the winner of the Uganda presidential election with 58.64% of the total votes, according to the country's electoral commission.
- India begins vaccine roll-out and aims to administer 300 million jabs by Auguston January 16, 2021 at 9:46 am
India has began its ambitious project of vaccinating its 1.3 billion citizens - as it aims to administer 300 million jabs by August.
- Poisoned Putin critic Alexei Navalny faces jail on return to Russiaon January 16, 2021 at 7:58 am
Alexei Navalny is flying back to Russia and straight into the hands of the authorities.
- How did Ireland find itself with the highest infection rate in the world?on January 15, 2021 at 9:45 pm
"The situation is the most serious that it's been since the start of the pandemic in Ireland."
- Merkel's party has a new leader - but the identity of her successor is not easy to predicton January 15, 2021 at 6:31 pm
Every year, Forbes magazine produces a list of the most powerful women in the world. And in 14 of the past 15 years, it has been the same person - Angela Merkel.
- Serious threat of 'armed, disturbed people' at Biden inauguration, warns ex-FBI bosson January 15, 2021 at 2:53 pm
Former FBI boss James Comey has told Sky News he is worried about the threat of violence from "armed, disturbed people" at Joe Biden's inauguration.
- Indonesia vaccine rollout bucks trend by targeting younger generationson January 15, 2021 at 11:24 am
With shaking hands, broadcast live to the nation, a doctor administered Indonesia's first COVID-19 vaccination.
- Global coronavirus deaths pass two millionon January 15, 2021 at 11:14 am
Global deaths linked to coronavirus have passed two million - just over a year since it was first identified in China.
Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- Trump-free Twitter: The debate over deplatformingon January 17, 2021 at 6:03 am
Numerous social media sites have suspended Trump’s accounts - is this good media ethics or good business sense?
- Indonesia quake toll hits 56 as rescuers race to find survivorson January 17, 2021 at 4:36 am
Two days after the disaster, it is unclear if there are people still trapped but alive under the debris on Sulawesi.
- NASA cuts short ground test of its giant moon rocketon January 17, 2021 at 3:14 am
The test is a vital step in NASA's Artemis programme to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024.
- Guatemala cracks down on caravan of 9,000 migrants bound for USon January 16, 2021 at 9:56 pm
Asylum seekers from Honduras are fleeing violence and economic hardship worsened by COVID-19 pandemic and recent storms.
- US states brace for potential violence before Biden inaugurationon January 16, 2021 at 8:46 pm
The FBI has warned of possible armed protests in all 50 states and the US capital ahead of January 20 inauguration.
- Zango leaps into record books with world indoor triple jump markon January 16, 2021 at 8:28 pm
Burkina Faso athlete adds 15 centimetres to the previous record set by his own coach, Teddy Tamgho.
- Can the Open Skies treaty survive?on January 16, 2021 at 7:09 pm
Russia is following the US by pulling out of the aerial surveillance pact.
- Tunisian PM appoints new ministers in cabinet reshuffleon January 16, 2021 at 7:06 pm
Hichem Mechichi names a dozen new cabinet members, including interior, justice, energy and health ministers.
- Museveni, one-time critic of clinging to power, wins sixth termon January 16, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Ugandan president will continue to govern population where 75 percent are under 30 and not known anyone else in charge.
- Brazil: COVID-hit Amazonas state receives more emergency supplieson January 16, 2021 at 6:35 pm
Healthcare facilities in Amazonas state are being pushed to their limits due to a surge in COVID-19 infections.
BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Covid-19 cases force Australian Open players into lockdownon January 17, 2021 at 6:35 am
Dozens of top players are forced to isolate for 14 days, throwing their preparations into disarray.
- SLS: Nasa's 'megarocket' engine test ends earlyon January 17, 2021 at 3:02 am
A critical engine test for Nasa's new "megarocket" - the Space Launch System (SLS) - ends early.
- Dr Dre: Rap legend returns home after brain aneurysmon January 17, 2021 at 2:56 am
In a tweet, fellow rapper Ice-T said he had spoken to Dr Dre, who was "safe and looking good".
- Biden inauguration: All 50 US states on alert for armed protestson January 17, 2021 at 2:48 am
National Guard troops from across the country descend on Washington DC amid tightened security.
- How Gambia is grappling with gruesome past under Yahya Jammehon January 17, 2021 at 1:18 am
Gambia's truth commission has revealed tales of murder and torture that jar with Gambians' self image.
- The Instagrammers who worry Iranon January 17, 2021 at 1:15 am
From "extreme" selfies to dancing to pop - the fun posts considered a crime.
- Uganda's long-time leader Yoweri Museveni declared election winneron January 17, 2021 at 12:31 am
But his main rival Bobi Wine cries foul, alleging vote-rigging and saying he's fearful for his safety.
- Are women let down by period trackers?on January 17, 2021 at 12:25 am
Millions of women use apps to track their menstrual cycle, but many say they do not work well enough.
- G7: UK to host Cornwall seaside summit in summeron January 17, 2021 at 12:17 am
The leaders of the US, France, Germany and other leading economies will meet in Cornwall in June.
- Wilmington 1898: When white supremacists overthrew a US governmenton January 17, 2021 at 12:13 am
In 1898 a white mob stormed Wilmington, North Carolina and forced locally elected leaders to resign.
- EU and US should 'pause' trade standoff says France's foreign ministerby NEWS WIRES on January 17, 2021 at 6:32 am
The European Union and the US should "pause" a long-running tariff disagreement to allow the issue to be resolved, France's foreign minister suggested Sunday.
- NASA's crucial engine test for moon rocket forced to end prematurelyby NEWS WIRES on January 17, 2021 at 6:13 am
NASA's deep space exploration rocket built by Boeing briefly ignited all four engines of its behemoth core stage for the first time on Saturday, cutting short a crucial test to advance a years-delayed U.S. government program to return humans to the moon in the next few years.
- Washington and cities across the US brace for violence ahead of inaugurationby NEWS WIRES on January 17, 2021 at 5:51 am
Ten days after rioters breached the U.S. Capitol in a deadly attack that stunned the world, cities nationwide were girding for a potential new wave of violent protests over the weekend, erecting barriers and deploying thousands of National Guard troops.
- Thousands in France stage fresh protests against law that would restrict filming of policeby NEWS WIRES on January 16, 2021 at 9:34 pm
Tens of thousands of protesters marched across France Saturday to denounce a security bill critics say would restrict the filming of police and posting images to social media, notably to document cases of police brutality.
- Nearly 50 players to lose Australian Open practice time due to Covid-19by NEWS WIRES on January 16, 2021 at 6:04 pm
Forty-seven players were barred from practising for a fortnight Saturday in a major setback to their Australian Open preparations after passengers on two charter flights that brought them to Melbourne tested positive for Covid-19.
- ‘Survivor of the Chinese Gulag’: Uighur refugee in France recounts her ordealby Stéphanie TROUILLARD on January 16, 2021 at 4:01 pm
After three harrowing years in Chinese re-education camps, Gulbahar Haitiwaji, a Uighur woman who had been lured back to China from France only to be arrested, interrogated and abused, recounts her ordeal in a just published book.
- Stories of lockdown in China’s Hebei province after fresh Covid-19 outbreakon January 16, 2021 at 3:27 pm
The January 2 discovery of a cluster of coronavirus infections in Shijiazhuang, the capital of China’s northern Hebei province, has led to China’s most severe Covid-19 outbreak in five months, with 463 reported active infections in the province as of January 14 and one death. Authorities have placed the province’s three major cities, […]
- France goes under nationwide 6pm curfew as Covid-19 death toll surpasses 70,000by NEWS WIRES on January 16, 2021 at 3:04 pm
Cities, towns and villages across France were practically empty on Saturday as residents stayed home and businesses shut to observe a nationwide curfew intended to help stem the spread of coronavirus, especially a more infectious variant.
- Ugandan President Museveni wins sixth term as vote rigging allegedby FRANCE 24 on January 16, 2021 at 1:10 pm
Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni won a decisive re-election victory on Saturday, elections officials said, but his main rival Bobi Wine alleged widespread fraud and said citizens should reject the result.
- Merkel ally Armin Laschet elected new leader of Germany’s CDU partyby FRANCE 24 on January 16, 2021 at 10:36 am
Chancellor Angela Merkel’s centre-right party on Saturday chose Armin Laschet, the pragmatic governor of Germany’s most populous state, as its new leader – sending a signal of continuity months before an election in which voters will decide who becomes the new chancellor.
RT - Daily news RT : Today
- Gunmen kill 2 female Afghan judges in targeted attack in Kabulby RT on January 17, 2021 at 6:43 am
Two female judges have been gunned down by unidentified assailants in Kabul, the latest in a string of attacks that have rocked Afghanistan’s capital amid peace talks with the Taliban. Read Full Article at RT.com
- China may topple US as world’s largest economy sooner than expectedby RT on January 17, 2021 at 6:26 am
The world’s second-largest economy China’s GDP is projected to expand 8.2 percent this year, continuing to outpace global peers including the United States, according to a Bloomberg survey of economists. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Frankfurt Airport evacuation sparked by man shouting ‘I will kill you all, Allahu Akbar’ when confronted for not wearing maskby RT on January 17, 2021 at 4:22 am
German police have taken into custody a Slovenian man who refused to wear a mask at Frankfurt Airport and threatened to kill everybody, thus prompting an evacuation of parts of the building and a train station’s closure. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Media sounds the alarm as man nabbed in DC with pistol, 500 rounds of AMMO & 'fake pass'… neglects to tell rest of the storyby RT on January 17, 2021 at 2:20 am
CNN and others rushed to report the arrest of a man at Washington’s ‘checkpoint’ with a pistol, 500 rounds of ammunition and a “fake” inauguration pass. The man said he was a security guard, and has been released. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Over 7,000-strong migrant caravan inches closer to US border as Biden vows to end Trump's asylum policiesby RT on January 16, 2021 at 11:57 pm
Caravans with thousands of Central American migrants reportedly are trekking toward the Mexican border on their way to the US, where they expect to find friendlier policies after President-elect Joe Biden takes office next week. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Reporter who tried to cancel NFL coaching candidate for anti-gay remark in college is outed for his own racist, homophobic tweetsby RT on January 16, 2021 at 10:50 pm
A reporter who delved deep into the past of Detroit Lions head coach candidate Dan Campbell to find an anti-gay comment made in college has been outed on Twitter for more recent remarks of his own that were homophobic and racist. Read Full Article at RT.com
- ‘America is back’: Biden fills State Department slots with more Obama vets, including Ukraine ‘coup plotter’ Victoria Nulandby RT on January 16, 2021 at 10:18 pm
President-elect Joe Biden is getting the old interventionist-foreign-policy team back together, including Ukraine coup engineer Victoria Nuland, signaling a hardline Russia stance as he fills out top posts in the State Department. Read Full Article at RT.com
- Argentina receives second batch of Russian Sputnik V vaccine against Covid-19 (VIDEO)by RT on January 16, 2021 at 9:06 pm
A plane carrying 300,000 more doses of Russia’s Sputnik V vaccine against the coronavirus has landed in Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires to allow the country to complete immunization of its frontline medics. Read Full Article at RT.com
- 'Show me something spectacular': Dana White says Khabib COULD REVERSE retirement decision... if lightweight rivals impressby RT on January 16, 2021 at 8:40 pm
UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov has left the door open to reverse his retirement decision, UFC president Dana White has revealed. Read Full Article at RT.com
- TEN THOUSAND protesters decry Covid-19 curbs in Vienna, face counter-protest (VIDEOS)by RT on January 16, 2021 at 6:50 pm
Some 10,000 people marched through the center of the Austrian capital Vienna on Saturday to protest against restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of Covid-19, and to demand the resignation of Chancellor Sebastian Kurz. Read Full Article at RT.com