Get the latest local news from Daily Newspapers from around the world. See the latest coverage of the latest issues and topics around the world. Get breaking news and top stories from all over the world. Here is a list of popular, well-known Daily Newspapers currently in circulation.
Latest News From Top Media
World News - Breaking international news and headlines | Sky News The latest international news from Sky, featuring top stories from around the world and breaking news, as it happens.
- Tonnes of dead fish pulled from Polish river as officials warn of possible contaminationon August 12, 2022 at 2:43 am
At least 10 tonnes of dead fish have been pulled out of the River Oder which flows along part of Poland's border with Germany - as officials warn people not to enter the water due to possible contamination.
- Russia is trying to 'threaten the whole world' by shelling Europe's largest nuclear plant, Zelenskyy warnson August 12, 2022 at 12:54 am
Russia has reached a new low and is trying to "threaten the whole world" by shelling Europe's largest nuclear power plant, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenksyy has said.
- Dozens injured after rollercoaster crash at Legoland in Germanyon August 11, 2022 at 4:16 pm
More than 30 people have been injured, one severely, after two rollercoaster trains crashed into each other at an amusement park in southern Germany.
- McDonald's will reopen some branches in Ukraine to support 'important sense of normalcy'on August 11, 2022 at 1:56 pm
McDonald's will reopen some branches in Ukraine, in a show of support after the US fast-food chain pulled out of Russia.
- More than 1,000 firefighters battling huge wildfire in France as 10,000 people evacuatedon August 11, 2022 at 1:17 pm
More than 1,000 firefighters are struggling to contain a huge wildfire that has destroyed a large area of pine forest in southwest France.
- 'We will stand shoulder-to-shoulder': UK to send more multiple-launch rocket systems to Ukraineon August 11, 2022 at 11:50 am
The UK is set to send more weapons to Ukraine to help it defend against Russia's invasion, the defence secretary has announced.
- Swifts nearly baked alive, sparrows stuck to tarmac, and hedgehogs orphaned - the wave of destruction hitting Franceon August 11, 2022 at 8:48 am
This week has brought a fresh wave of destruction for France.
- Russian warplanes destroyed in Crimea airbase attack, satellite images showon August 11, 2022 at 7:59 am
Satellite images appear to show several Russian warplanes at an airbase in Crimea have been damaged or destroyed.
- 'Amazing miracle': North Korean leader declares country COVID-free - but reports emerge he has had 'a fever'on August 11, 2022 at 4:08 am
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has declared victory over COVID-19, while his sister has admitted he suffered "a fever" during the outbreak.
- Islamic Jihad Movement blames Israel for recent bout of violence as Gaza returns to normalityon August 10, 2022 at 8:22 pm
The people of Gaza are taking their first tentative steps towards normality after three days of violence in the territory.
Al Jazeera – Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera Breaking News, World News and Video from Al Jazeera
- ‘China’s Hawaii’ promised escape. Tourists got lockdowns insteadon August 12, 2022 at 3:59 am
Some 178,000 tourists are reportedly stranded in Hainan as the resort island battles its worst COVID outbreak yet.
- Israel: normalising terror, one dawn at a timeon August 12, 2022 at 3:58 am
Israel is engaging in straight-up terrorism - at least according to, you know, the Cambridge Dictionary definition.
- Jailed Australian economist testifies in secretive Myanmar trialon August 12, 2022 at 3:24 am
Sean Turnell, who was an adviser to elected leader Aung San Suu Kyi, pleaded not guilty as hearing got underway.
- 7 years in jail for ex-policeman who rioted at US Capitolon August 11, 2022 at 11:53 pm
An off-duty police officer who took part in the January 6, 2021 attack was sentenced to more than seven years in prison.
- Brazilians protest for democracy as Bolsonaro threatens electionon August 11, 2022 at 10:48 pm
The protests take place amid concerns that Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro could refuse to accept election results.
- US Senator Warren blasts Fed for withholding trading recordson August 11, 2022 at 10:36 pm
The Massachusetts Democrat called a probe into the matter by the US central bank's inspector general 'troubling'.
- FIFA moves World Cup start forward by one day to November 20on August 11, 2022 at 10:22 pm
2022 World Cup will kick off with opening ceremony followed by game between host Qatar and Ecuador in Al Bayt Stadium.
- Will the Thai prime minister step down?on August 11, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha is facing calls to resign.
- Calm returns to Sierra Leone as protest death toll riseson August 11, 2022 at 9:45 pm
At least six protesters and six police officers killed during anti-gov't protests in Sierra Leone, according to reports.
- Argentina hikes rate to 69.5% as inflation surges to 30-year highon August 11, 2022 at 9:38 pm
Consumer prices soared 71 percent in July compared to a year ago, the government said on Thursday.
BBC News - World BBC News - World
- Donald Trump does not oppose US bid to unseal Mar-a-Lago search warranton August 12, 2022 at 5:02 am
The FBI searched Mr Trump's Florida home on Monday - the unsealed warrant could reveal why.
- Anne Heche: US actress not expected to survive, says familyon August 12, 2022 at 4:23 am
Her family says she suffered a severe brain injury when her car crashed into a house.
- Lee Jae-yong: Why South Korea just pardoned the Samsung 'prince'on August 12, 2022 at 2:29 am
Lee Jae-yong, who was convicted for bribery and embezzlement, has been granted a presidential pardon.
- Armed man shot dead after trying to 'breach' Ohio FBI officeon August 12, 2022 at 2:15 am
The suspect fled the scene in Cincinnati and was gunned down after an hours-long standoff.
- J&J to replace talc-based powder with cornstarch after cancer lawsuitson August 12, 2022 at 2:14 am
By 2023 J&J will make all its baby powder using cornstarch following legal battles over talc's safety.
- UN alarm as Ukraine nuclear power plant shelled againon August 12, 2022 at 1:33 am
Ukraine and Russia trade blame as the Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant, Europe's largest, is hit.
- Lebanon man hailed hero for holding Beirut bank hostage over savingson August 12, 2022 at 12:10 am
The suspect demanded the Lebanon bank release his money, in anger at rules on withdrawals.
- Who is Sir Ganga Ram and why his legacy lives on in India and Pakistan?on August 11, 2022 at 11:50 pm
Hospitals built by Sir Ganga Ram still exist in both countries but not much is known about him.
- Darlings: Bollywood's dark comedy on domestic violence wows Indiaon August 11, 2022 at 11:44 pm
Darlings, starring Alia Bhatt, is the story of a young couple in love - and violence and revenge.
- Why Hong Kong is seeking solace in Cantopopon August 11, 2022 at 11:42 pm
Traumatised by political upheaval, Hong Kongers are reviving their interest in local pop music.
- Live: Strikes at Ukraine nuclear plant lead UN chief to call for demilitarised zoneby NEWS WIRES on August 12, 2022 at 5:06 am
Russia and Ukraine accused each other of shelling Europe's biggest nuclear power plant as the UN chief proposed a demilitarised zone at the site amid fears of a catastrophe. Follow our live updates for all the latest developments in the war in Ukraine. All times are Paris time (GMT+2).
- UN warns of 'grave crisis' at Ukraine nuclear plantby FRANCE 24 on August 12, 2022 at 3:53 am
The UN nuclear chief warned Thursday that “very alarming” military activity at Europe’s largest nuclear plant in southeastern Ukraine could lead to dangerous consequences for the region and called for an end to attacks at the Russian-controlled Zaporizhzhia facility. Read FRANCE 24’s live coverage of the day’s events. All times are […]
- Iraq to supply Lebanon with fuel for another year, says Lebanon PMby NEWS WIRES on August 12, 2022 at 12:25 am
Iraq has agreed to renew a one-year deal to provide Lebanon with fuel for its power plants in exchange for in-kind services, Lebanon's Prime Minister said in a statement Thursday.
- Gunman killed in standoff with police after trying to breach Ohio FBI officeby FRANCE 24 on August 11, 2022 at 10:57 pm
An armed man who tried to breach the FBI’s Cincinnati office was shot and killed by police after fleeing the scene, leading to an hourlong standoff Thursday afternoon, the Ohio Highway State Patrol said.
- FIFA moves up World Cup start date one day to November 20by NEWS WIRES on August 11, 2022 at 10:47 pm
FIFA on Thursday officially brought forward the opening match of this year’s World Cup by one day to November 20 in a rare schedule change so that hosts Qatar feature in the gala game.
- US justice department seeks to unseal warrant for search of Trump's Mar-a-Lagoby NEWS WIRES on August 11, 2022 at 9:32 pm
US Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday he had "personally approved" the dramatic raid on Donald Trump's Florida estate and, in a highly unusual move, was requesting the warrant justifying the search be made public.
- Jean-Jacques Sempé, French cartoonist of Le Petit Nicolas fame, dies at 89by NEWS WIRES on August 11, 2022 at 8:11 pm
Jean-Jacques Sempe, who illustrated the much-loved "Little Nicolas" (Le Petit Nicolas) series of French children's books, has died aged 89, his biographer told AFP on Thursday.
- Arctic warming four times faster than rest of Earth, much higher than projectionsby NEWS WIRES on August 11, 2022 at 4:31 pm
The Arctic has warmed nearly four times faster than the rest of the planet over the last 40 years, according to research published Thursday that suggests climate models are underestimating the rate of polar heating.
- War has devastating effect on tourism in Ukraine's Odesaby FRANCE 24 on August 11, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Odesa was once one of Ukraine's most visited cities but now its beaches and cafes are empty. FRANCE 24 spoke to tourism workers who have been struggling to make ends meet in the southern Ukrainian port city.
- 'It must stop one day': Outcry erupts over Tunisia's campaign to kill stray dogson August 11, 2022 at 2:45 pm
Authorities in several Tunisian cities launched a new campaign to kill stray dogs in late July, an annual practice called barbaric by animal rights organisations. However, this year, the authorities have gone a step further – hiring hunters to help city workers track down the dogs. Tunisian activists contacted our team about what they […]
RT - Daily news RT : Today
- Ukraine’s military warns Russian touristsby RT on August 12, 2022 at 5:02 am
The Ukrainian military appeared to issue a veiled threat against Russian tourists seeking to travel to Crimea this summer Read Full Article at RT.com
- US tax collector prepares new agents to use ‘deadly force’by RT on August 12, 2022 at 4:26 am
The US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) quietly edited an online job listing which said new hires must be willing to shoot to kill Read Full Article at RT.com
- US backs Israeli strikes on ‘bad guys’ in Gaza, envoy saysby RT on August 12, 2022 at 2:59 am
US envoy to Israel Tom Nides said Washington would support the fight against ‘bad guys’ in the Gaza strip, days after a flare-up in violence Read Full Article at RT.com
- World on the brink of nuclear catastrophe – Moscowby RT on August 11, 2022 at 10:32 pm
Continued Ukrainian attacks on the Zaporozhye power plant could lead to a nuclear catastrophe, Russia has warned the UN Security Council Read Full Article at RT.com
- UN responds to Russian visa banby RT on August 11, 2022 at 9:44 pm
The UN secretary-general’s spokesman said the body “stands against discrimination” when asked about visa bans for Russians Read Full Article at RT.com
- US supports demilitarized zone at Ukraine nuclear plantby RT on August 11, 2022 at 9:43 pm
After demanding Russia surrender the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant to Kiev, the US is now advocating a demilitarized zone instead Read Full Article at RT.com
- Twitter reactivates 2020 election policyby RT on August 11, 2022 at 9:11 pm
Twitter is reviving the enforcement practices first implemented in 2020, ahead of the November midterm elections for the US Congress Read Full Article at RT.com
- The FBI’s Trump residence raid could mean he can’t run in 2024 – and his militant followers will rise upby RT on August 11, 2022 at 8:09 pm
If former US President Donald Trump really withheld classified papers, this could cost him a shot at presidency in 2024 Read Full Article at RT.com
- Italian fighter in Ukraine faces probe amid Nazi sympathizer allegationsby RT on August 11, 2022 at 7:55 pm
Italy has opened an investigation into a man who said he traveled to Ukraine to fight against Russia and prevent “denazification” Read Full Article at RT.com
- Only one in three US voters can locate Taiwan – or Ukraineby RT on August 11, 2022 at 6:33 pm
Nancy Pelosi’s Taiwan visit seems to have made only a minor impact on Americans, only a third of whom can even find the island on a map Read Full Article at RT.com